RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typically when is the pricing, changes and new pictures released on the new model year? I couldn't quite pull the trigger on a 2014 but will be ordering a 2015 and am just curious as to what will be "refreshed" and how much it will cost me. SInce it's been awhile since I have purchased a new vehicle, when in the spring do they usually start giving rebates and incentives? I am hoping to order in January/February with the hope of some rebates and incentives being in place at the time of delivery in March/April. I hope the ol' Chevy can make it that long!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Who knows what ’15 will bring. Put yourself in Ram’s shoes. They want to finish out with a strong ‘14 model year so they don’t want to tip their hat too early, or people might wait for the new model. They also don’t want the competition to have much time to see what is coming.

If I had to guess it would be something cosmetic so you could tell a ’15 from a ‘14, something relatively easy to change and with parts they don’t already have a million of.
They also want strong ’15 sales and want to pull folks into the brand. Cosmetic changes are subjective, so some folks might get a look at a new model and run out and buy a previous model year if they don’t like what they see.

I would expect process to go up a bit as they always do, which also makes the ‘14s more attractive.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I for one would like to see more than 2 color choices for the Laramie leather seats. Maybe a slate gray?

Reactions: mutasimincalgary

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
How about real hid's from the factory with adaptive headlights and a small roof mounted antenna!

·
Registered
738 Posts
You mean RAM said they were going to build a 2015 Ecodiesel and yet they're still selling 2014's? That's just false advertising if you ask me. ;-)

·
Registered
458 Posts
How about real hid's from the factory with adaptive headlights and a small roof mounted antenna!
Yes and yes for those. At this stage in the game, they really should have HID's for the laramie trims and higher standard, with self leveling and adaptive. Tired of a the NA market lagging behind with all this stuff.

And come on....a secondary antenna on the front quarter?? Really? REALLY?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that we have everybody's wish list's, any idea when all the 2015 info will be released so we can see how many wish's were granted?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sometime this month no doubt

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
I would like to vote for Adaptive Cruise Control in addition to the HID headlights. I might just trade for that! I have the mercedes adaptive cruise control on my old 2002 CL600 and it is a joy to use. With more modern technology it should be even better nowadays.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still nothing out on what's new for the RAM 1500 in 2015? Aren't they going to start taking orders in a week?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Tell me about it, you can already order a trailer drag race ready ’15 aluminum bodied F150!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if the refresh is going to happen at all, it's taking too long and orders will open very soon. Why wouldn't they leave time to market a new model year even if the changes are small? Ford is all over the internet with their new model, you'd think RAM would answer back now to steal back those who are on the fence before they go order a 2015 Ford instead.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have a good friend working @ the warren plant as we speak on 10hour shifts for the shutdown he says the place is crawling with engineers etc, also they make him give up his cell before every shift.... they are defiantly making some changes he saw what looked like new badges and he said the headlights looked different

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have a good friend working @ the warren plant as we speak on 10hour shifts for the shutdown he says the place is crawling with engineers etc, also they make him give up his cell before every shift.... they are defiantly making some changes he saw what looked like new badges.....
Well I'm assuming if they're taking his phone, he's seen more than molded plastic. :p

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have a good friend working @ the warren plant as we speak on 10hour shifts for the shutdown he says the place is crawling with engineers etc, also they make him give up his cell before every shift.... they are defiantly making some changes he saw what looked like new badges and he said the headlights looked different
Hopefully new headlights=brighter :) that'll make missing the deadline a little sweeter. I'm also very anxious to hear what the refresh is bringing. Very slow out of the gate Ram. Let's get off dead center!

·
Registered
730 Posts
To hell with brighter, I want adaptive. I love my VW CC and that is my favorite feature by far. Taking a trip in that and then going back to my RAM, I start turning and freak out because I can't see where I'm actually going.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Well I'm assuming if they're taking his phone, he's seen more than molded plastic. :p
Last time I talked to him(yesterday) they are still on the tear down phase they haven't started rebuilding yet so there isn't parts laying around, on start up there will be. He says he has only seen afew parts in the hands of guys talking around various stations in the plant

·
Registered
730 Posts
Last time I talked to him(yesterday) they are still on the tear down phase they haven't started rebuilding yet so there isn't parts laying around, on start up there will be. He says he has only seen afew parts in the hands of guys talking around various stations in the plant
Well good. When is the retooling actually going to be finished?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts