RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a 2015 Laramie ED and I have a few questions for all the owners out there - I need the 6 passenger option and from what I can tell the Laramie has vinyl rear seats and 'leather-trim' front seats?? Was a bit taken aback by this as the Laramie is a large $$ upgrade from the Sport.

Comments on the seats and are they as bad as they sound?? Never heard of such a high trim level kinda leather seating.....thanks everyone - just joined and first post so looking forward to everyones comments!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ever heard of MB-tex, short for Mercedes-Benz textured VINYL. Standard in most MB vehicles, unless you spring for the $2k+ leather upgrade. MB has been using it for decades, but it is pretty good. Most people are not even aware that it is not leather. It can actually outlast the real leather, as well. So, yes, it's been done in lux vehicles for a long time.

I checked out a Laramie with beige leather front and vinyl rear seats, but I really couldn't tell that much difference. I actually see it as a bonus. Back seats for the kids and/or pets, just makes sense to have a tougher material that cleans up easily.

The leather on the Limited is simply fantastic. Full leather all around, but it requires regular conditioning to keep it looking and smelling great.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jdawg - my first advice is to verify with absolute certainty that the truck you ordered will have the front bench seat. This forum is loaded with stories of buyers that wanted bench seats but could not get one - especially in the higher trim levels. Second - my '14 has the "leather" front seats and I have no issues with them. Truck only has about 3,000 miles so durability is still unknown.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2015 Laramie is on order with a build date of 10/28, so I don't have it yet, but my order clearly states "2015 1500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 (140 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box" with "Leather Trim 40/20/40 Bench Seat"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jdawg - my first advice is to verify with absolute certainty that the truck you ordered will have the front bench seat. This forum is loaded with stories of buyers that wanted bench seats but could not get one - especially in the higher trim levels. Second - my '14 has the "leather" front seats and I have no issues with them. Truck only has about 3,000 miles so durability is still unknown.
Thanks wbdavey I did double check the build and it does clearly state 40/20/40 leather trim bench seats. And I'm glad to hear people are still liking the "leather" seats as this is my first new vehicle purchase I was taken aback a bit by the vinyl and not full leather front seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts