RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just announced that for 2015 the Ram 1500 will lose the 2014 Black Gold Pearl and replace it with 2015 Black Forrest Green Pearl, all 11 other colors will remain the same for now.
1. Black
2. Black Forrest Green Pearl * (new)
3. Bright White
4. Bright Silver Metallic
5. Blue Steak Pearl
6. Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
7. Flame Red
8. Maximum Steel Metallic
9. Granite Crystal Metallic
10. Prairie Pearl
11. True Blue Pearl
12. Western Brown Pearl

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Black Gold was one of my favorite colors....oh well. They did keep the Western Brown Peal, along with the two tone gold bottom is another favorite! It will be interesting to see the Black Forrest Green Pearl * (new)

·
Registered
730 Posts
What does that mean? Think ur name fits after all the posts I have read. Nothing positive nothing to add.
Means I wish they had kept the Black Gold, That color of green isn't attractive to me. It's rather hideous, actually.

Feel free to use the forum's function to ignore all of my activity.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hugh, you have no taste... there, I said it.

Everyone knows the dark greens are the colors of royalty, while the blacks belong to...ummm...how to put this delicately...? Well... pimps. :D

Seriously, though, as I am joking above, I prefer the dark green tones. European cars often offer them and I've always felt they look understated and elegant. And I do have a personal bias against black stemming from my days as an auto detailer where black cars were the biggest PITA for us.

I've seen the Black Gold in many different lights, though, and I gotta admit... I spent an afternoon debating it. It rocked!

The Western brown was my second choice, though I remain tickled with our Prairie Pearl.

I'm super interested in seeing the new Green in person.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I realize that everyone has different tastes in colors, my intent was only to inform everyone. Not to cause any arguments. I thought that new information on colors and options on the 2015 Ram 1500 would benefit anyone thinking about purchasing soon. Since the 2015 brochures won't be out for some time. I for one want to be well informed prior to making a major financial transaction.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Esad??

·
Administrator
4,553 Posts
While I realize that everyone has different tastes in colors, my intent was only to inform everyone. Not to cause any arguments. I thought that new information on colors and options on the 2015 Ram 1500 would benefit anyone thinking about purchasing soon. Since the 2015 brochures won't be out for some time. I for one want to be well informed prior to making a major financial transaction.
Agreed. And it is difficult to know whether you find a color hideous or not when it has not been seen. Just saying.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pearl colors are amazing....the Black Gold Perl doesn't look black at all except is low low light (IMO)...looks more like a bronze color to me. But its really is a color that might take a while to grow on you....my first look at it was "hmmm interesting" but then as you look at it, because of the pearl it stars to look different in varied lighting. Sometimes it looked super dark (black like) and it was elegant, then in other light it popped like a goldish metallic and then on different contours of the truck it accentuates the lines and bulges on the hood and front end. I really started to like it and was the color I had decided on.

It will be very interesting to see this new Black Forrest Green Pearl. But you really have to look at it in person to see the real colors.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Feel free to use the Forum's functions to ESAD.
If that even made sense I might have found it offensive. Actually no, still wouldn't.

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Anyhow, I'm not saying the color doesn't have its uses or good qualities for different applications, but trucks I don't think have ever looked that good in green. I'd argue that there's worse colors still being used from last year than the green but there are so many more I'd like to be able to use. Preferably some more light colored options.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'm SO glad I got my 2014 in Black Gold instead of waiting for a 2015. It was the only color I REALLY liked. However that green, especially in PEARL will probably be pretty awesome.

·
Administrator
4,553 Posts
If that even made sense I might have found it offensive. Actually no, still wouldn't.

View attachment 2862

Anyhow, I'm not saying the color doesn't have its uses or good qualities for different applications, but trucks I don't think have ever looked that good in green. I'd argue that there's worse colors still being used from last year than the green but there are so many more I'd like to be able to use. Preferably some more light colored options.
As I said last night your name is appropriate. Life is too short. Oh, and it made sense to many of the members of this forum.:cool:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey that's the color of my wife car. We call it the Hulk. It's no where near as bad ass as Black Gold though. I guess I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for that color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts