RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 ecodiesel started throwing a message on my dash.
“ SERVICE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL “
I took it in to a custom diesel shop I use and they said the scan told them it was the electronic pedal 🤷🏻‍♂️ Made sense, ordered up a new pedal from dodge, the custom diesel shop installed it and programmed it.. 30 - 40k later it’s throwing the same message.. when this message Appearance on my dash, the Pedal is dead, I just have to take my foot off pedal and the message disappears, everything Is back to normal.. this problem only happens when I’m barely on the pedal..

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My 2016 ecodiesel started throwing a message on my dash.
“ SERVICE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL “
I took it in to a custom diesel shop I use and they said the scan told them it was the electronic pedal 🤷🏻‍♂️ Made sense, ordered up a new pedal from dodge, the custom diesel shop installed it and programmed it.. 30 - 40k later it’s throwing the same message.. when this message Appearance on my dash, the Pedal is dead, I just have to take my foot off pedal and the message disappears, everything Is back to normal.. this problem only happens when I’m barely on the pedal..
Hi: Al Holt... I've had that message too. In my case the truck went into limp mode I think. Trans wouldn't shift but I was able to get to the Dr's at a max of 2500 rpm's. After shut down normal driving returned with a MIL light that eventually went out. My tech thinks it was just a glitch. I thought it was a make work message from Stella Antics!!! It hasn't happened again...YET!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I don't know if this is true or not, it's from another thread "In my experience if you accidentally touch the accelerator and the brake at the same time that message will appear immediately. However, simply restarting the engine always cleared the alert. I figured that God gave me 2 feet and I tend to use both of them to drive; therefore, on occasion I touch both pedals at the same time, it is very sensitive to this."

Could you maybe do that by accident? Otherwise, I believe that message can be triggered by over 200 causes. lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had this issue...happened when I was wearing big-soled boots...I didnt realize my foot was hitting both. It does not happen immediately, so just a tap won't set it off. Incidentally, this happened on my 2008 BMW too...but then it was because I was wearing one of those post-surgery boots.

Hopefully this is the cause of your issue...free fix if you're able to not hit both at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts