RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pictures or insight on the quality of this tonneau cover. I have been doing some looking on the interwebs and through the forums but can't find much. It is a $450 CAD option to add on to the build.

Thoughts on this?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I have the Mopar soft folding cover. It's a good cover, but if I had it to do over, I would go with a hard cover. I say this because it flaps in the wind a lot & it will sometimes vibrate the locking clips open in the back & all the flapping is causing wear across the metal cross braces. It's made of some kind of rubber impregnated canvas, but I can visually see rub marks forming. It's a good cheaper cover, but it just won't have the durability of a hard cover. Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Mopar soft folding cover. It's a good cover, but if I had it to do over, I would go with a hard cover. I say this because it flaps in the wind a lot & it will sometimes vibrate the locking clips open in the back & all the flapping is causing wear across the metal cross braces. It's made of some kind of rubber impregnated canvas, but I can visually see rub marks forming. It's a good cheaper cover, but it just won't have the durability of a hard cover. Good luck.

Thanks for the information, really appreciate it. So it is a Mopar cover that comes with the truck when you select that option?
I have always had the soft covers so I know what you mean by how the flap in the wind. I like the connivence of how light they are if you have to pull it off its quick and easy to do. The cover I have for my current ram sport is a tonnopro cover, which I have had now for about 4 years and its not in bad condition. The stitching around the outside had been coming out though.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I'm pretty sure the cover is a dealer-added option thru the Mopar Parts Dept. I bought mine new from a member here that had ordered it with his truck, but never used it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts