RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated: Looking for $650 by PayPal shipped.

I have a 2016 RAM pre-EPA Green Diesel Engineering Hot tune on a ecm, buyer will have to write their VIN number and injector codes to the ecm using Alfa OBD. Lots of videos on the web and this forum on how to do it. . This tune ran flawlessly in my truck and I would still call it the gold standard in tuning for these trucks.
NOTE: this is NOT a DELETE tune but a emissions intact tune.

ecm comes with:
-3.92 gearing
-High Idle
-Turbo braking
-Regen Message
-Can run distilled water in summer instead of DEF

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Tread Motor vehicle
Product Gas Font Auto part Fashion accessory

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the ECM is a pre-ban tune what exactly would be the need for a blank PG3?

As far as I understand GDE won't just load another tune on this PG3 for a non-compliant tune.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts

As far as I understand GDE won't just load another tune on this PG3 for a non-compliant tune.
Yes worthless.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The PG3 had GDEs transmission tune on it. They won’t update their transmission tune unless I allow them to overwrite the ecm tune with their compliant tune. You can get just a transmission tune file from other tuners and use that PG3 if you wanted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The PG3 had GDEs transmission tune on it. They won’t update their transmission tune unless I allow them to overwrite the ecm tune with their compliant tune. You can get just a transmission tune file from other tuners and use that PG3 if you wanted.
How reliable would some other companies transmission tune be with your ECM tune…and doesn't said company with the trans tune need to have the files from the tunes ECM to get their trans tune to work properly?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
You can get just a transmission tune file from other tuners and use that PG3 if you wanted.
No. It's my understanding the programming took is locked to the specific tuner that supplied it. You now have a paperweight.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How reliable would some other companies transmission tune be with your ECM tune…and doesn't said company with the trans tune need to have the files from the tunes ECM to get their trans tune to work properly?
Several have done it. Say one were to buy just the transmission tune file say from EOC it could be used with your existing ecu or you could swap this GDE ecu inplace. Transmission files are VIN locked so both ecu's would have the same VIN if in your truck. I am just giving you the option to the most economical way of going. The GDE tune even without a transmission tune will change your truck for the better, "no EGR".

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Sorry Bounty Hunter you have it wrong. As I said the PG3 is blank as in "erased" so its like new and can be used on any vehicle.
Not the information I've seen.

Not married to a vehicle is different than being tuner specific. I was told once you receive it from a tuner, you can't use it for a tune file from a different tuner unless it's sent back to Alientech and reset.

Reactions: malquid

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not the information I've seen.

Not married to a vehicle is different than being tuner specific. I was told once you receive it from a tuner, you can't use it for a tune file from a different tuner unless it's sent back to Alientech and reset.
Please note that the PG3 tool is locked to the VIN of your vehicle and can only be used with it. If you wish to use your Flash/Scan 3 tool in the future on a different vehicle (due to sale of vehicle, loss/stolen, etc) please contact Green Diesel Engineering for available options. The Flash/Scan 3 tool can also read and clear codes stored in the engine control module of your vehicle! Please reference the steps in Appendix D for how to perform this operation.

Right from GDE's instructions. The available options are to delete the tune file and the GDE console file in the PG3 tool. Then it is a virgin blank tool is how I understand it.

This is directly from Alientech.

• Allows only 1 vehicle to be tuned at a time. Cannot tune 2 or more vehicles simultaneously. Restoring the stock tune in your vehicle will unlock it for use in another vehicle.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
You might want to inquire if it could be used with a tune from another tuner, before advertising it as such. Just a suggestion to save headache.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You might want to inquire if it could be used with a tune from another tuner, before advertising it as such. Just a suggestion to save headache.
I just talked to GDE and the tool when erased is not vin locked and can be used on another vehicle. It's still a $200 tool. Only thing is they will not just sell a transmission tune stand alone but a combo compliant tune and transmission tune together on sale now to boot. So in reality I should be selling my ecm and tool separately as they are better kept separate.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I just talked to GDE and the tool when erased is not vin locked and can be used on another vehicle
I 100% agree with this statement. My question wasn't whether it was locked to a vehicle, but locked to a specific tuner. You can not use the tool with say a tune from MRT or Wreckless or SFT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts