RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A squirrel ate my wire loom on top of
Hand Bicycle tire Bicycle part Working animal Cable
transmission and both wires for one of the egt probes are the same color. Are they polarity sensitive or will either pin out work for a reading. Chassis harness they are both brown with yellow stripe.

· Super Moderator
2016 SLT 4x4 Quadcab 3.53 with a cap
1,351 Posts
Ok, I don't know about the polarity issue but, I'll bet if you lay the wires from the left side of the photo side by side, one may be a bit longer than the other and the same will be for the right side of the photo. Then you can match them up. And then wrap them in metallic wire loom, damn tree rats.
Rectangle Font Slope Drawing Tail

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I don't know about the polarity issue but, I'll bet if you lay the wires from the left side of the photo side by side, one may be a bit longer than the other and the same will be for the right side of the photo. Then you can match them up. And then wrap them in metallic wire loom, damn tree rats. View attachment 93615
Yup tried that but there was actually about 4 inches missing from each wire. I can't believe dodge would make each wire the same color. I found which one was the positive just don't know which is the positive on the sensor side. So polarity has to matter cause one has 5 volts reference and the other must me a signal wire. Thanks for the thought though.

· Registered
3,859 Posts
Yup tried that but there was actually about 4 inches missing from each wire. I can't believe dodge would make each wire the same color. I found which one was the positive just don't know which is the positive on the sensor side. So polarity has to matter cause one has 5 volts reference and the other must me a signal wire. Thanks for the thought though.
Think about that both wires are the same color almost like polarity doesn't matter. If your concerned ohm out the sensor in both directions if its the same both ways your good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts