RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Works great and the magnet keeps it on the fuel door. Now you need to get the DEF one to match :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
For those looking, check out Amazon. Typically could be had for between $15-$25 depending on vendor, quality, and style.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
That's a funny picture. Melted snow and water all over things and dripping into the tank.

Great picture. That's why most all of us that have been here a while have one of those magnetic diesel filler caps.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
And this also could explain many of fuel system issues as well . Lift pump has over 80psi of pressure, plenty of pressure to push small amounts of water thru the fuel filter and causing damage to entire fuel injection system .

·
Registered
390 Posts
Bugs and spiders love getting in there too.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Interesting. Mine didn't even come with the plastic cap. Hadn't thought of water/dirt/etc getting in there past the spring-loaded door, but it definitely can. I'll be buying one of these. Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I also routed my tonneau cover drain into the hole in the side of the bed... Turns out that leads directly on top of the fuel filler.

That's ice under the first flap, I couldn't even open the flap.FML

b

There is a solid block of ice between the two flaps

·
Registered
527 Posts
Are going to thaw that out and suck it out ?
That was last winter, PITA. I ended up chipping it out and using a shopvac to suck out the bits. Also accidentally dislodged the top flap, which SUCKS to put back on.

Anyway, added diesel additive, and changed the fuel filter...so far so good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had my tonneau cover installed in a shop, hopefully they didn't route the drain into my fuel door lol. that woulda been a bummer to clean out but glad everything worked out good for ya....

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have 2 EDS, 2 AMAZON CAPS, the caps magnets are now so weak that they will only barely hold weight of caps.
yep yep, bought both magnetic caps def cap was a waste of money, I threw it away, it was to hard getting the green fuel cap off. The green fuel cap fit so tight it took two hands and my feet up against the truck to get it off. Yeah I put a lubricant on there it didn't make any difference, so I threw that piece of crap away and put the factory plastic plug back in. Things are all good again........ Just waiting for the motor to blow up....Have a good day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts