RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2016 Laramie crew cab EcoDiesel. The dealer was having a hard time pricing the truck and were telling me the 40/20/40 front bench that is supposed to be standard in this truck may not be available and I may have to have the buckets with the console. I really need the extra seat for grandkids etc.
Has anyone heard of this?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just ordered a 2016 Laramie crew cab EcoDiesel. The dealer was having a hard time pricing the truck and were telling me the 40/20/40 front bench that is supposed to be standard in this truck may not be available and I may have to have the buckets with the console. I really need the extra seat for grandkids etc.
This was an issue when i ordered my 14' and others had the same trouble ordering a 15'. It can be done but you may have to try removing some options because of Weight Class limits. The bench seat gives you a 6th seat but the GVM (Maximum operating weight basically) of the vehicle has to be raised something like 300 lbs to account for the weight of another passenger. I had to unchecked the box for Factory sprayed bedliner and that allowed my truck to stay under the weight max and my order to be accepted. Also some option combinations are limited by the factory assembly line build schedule. For example I couldn't get the Ram Box, sunroof, Sprayed bedliner, air suspension, and bench seat. I tried several combinations with the dealer and eventually i dropped the Ram Box option and bed liner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tried to order a 2016 crew cab but they returned my deposit because there was a seat constraint on new crew cabs orders ,but the issue was they didn't have rear seats which happen to be 2 inches deeper then the quad cab rear seats .dealer said the constraint was in place until early 2nd quarter 2016
Just my 2 cents worth
Joel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to order a 2016 crew cab but they returned my deposit because there was a seat constraint on new crew cabs orders ,but the issue was they didn't have rear seats which happen to be 2 inches deeper then the quad cab rear seats .dealer said the constraint was in place until early 2nd quarter 2016
Just my 2 cents worth
Joel
Thanks for the info. I was talking to my dealer yesterday and they said the order was placed on Dec. 28th and it shows it is waiting for a VIN assignment and nothing has been kicked back so far. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see the truck built by the end of the month or first part of February. Time will tell. Hope you get your issue resolved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When building it at the dealership I did not add in the factory sprayin bed liner and protection group so we could see if their system would accept it and it did accept the order. I did however want the protection group but forgot to go back in and see if it would allow that. I have since contacted the dealer and he said the order has been accepted and was waiting for a VIN. I asked if we could still add the protection group. He said he would try but if it was going to screw up the order he would work with me on getting the items installed when the truck arrives. I have opted for an aftermarket spray-in liner.

·
Registered
929 Posts
When building it at the dealership I did not add in the factory sprayin bed liner and protection group so we could see if their system would accept it and it did accept the order. I did however want the protection group but forgot to go back in and see if it would allow that. I have since contacted the dealer and he said the order has been accepted and was waiting for a VIN. I asked if we could still add the protection group. He said he would try but if it was going to screw up the order he would work with me on getting the items installed when the truck arrives. I have opted for an aftermarket spray-in liner.
My plan was to install them myself once the weather warms up. The install looks simple enough.

Ram 1500 Skid Plate (Part No: 82210021AC)

Ram 1500 Skid Plate (Part No: 82210014)

Ram 1500 Skid Plate (Part No: 82214241AB)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts