RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
If a failed item on your truck was specifically listed or not included in what the warranty covered you didn’t get screwed.
I'd normally agree...but the issue sometimes is that a tech will say the warranted part was damaged by the failure of a non-warranted part, rendering the warranty useless...sometimes.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
There's also something personally that I won't go into but three years ago, I had to start over from zero with all my finances, so I have to be aware of what I'm spending. I have thought about at least adding the Edge monitor so I can watch some things. Two weeks ago I found where I could set the trans and oil temp to display and that was cool.
instead of the Expensive Edge monitor ( I know , I have one ) you can look into the Torque Pro App it is $5
then get a dongle to plug in the OBDII plug , it communicates over the air , no cables , many displays possible
with Torque Pro app . Many different OBD dongles work with Torque pro app ,
if you have a 2018 or newer you will also need to run around the " Gateway firewall " .
the DPF (diesel particule filter ) soot % , was the one thing I wanted to monitor to make sure
I would not get the 80% full message on the dash .
lots of info on how to use Torque Pro app in here :
[OFFICIAL] Torque Pro App thread

diff looks of the app.:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Katz, looked for the app but couldn’t find the one you mention. Photo of the app please?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
PapaCap , many details in videos here :
at 3:00 minutes it tells you to have a good quality dongle adapter ,
some will read more stuff from the truck's many " protocol ".
some have reported getting twice the possible read-outs on their app
after switching to a better OBD Link device .
---
at 4:10 real time monitoring system,

--------------------------

for the app itself , it is not linked to one vehicule only , it can be used on many vehicules ,
but it is linked to only one google account .
purchased from Google Play store ,
here is a Canadian link , you can find a US link for sure :

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know the timeouts can be changed but can they be set to stay on continuously, I wouldn't like having to shut it down & restart it every time I use the truck, I have an old out of service android phone, could it download the app???

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
CAVEMAN do you have a Google account ??
link that old phone to that account , see how it works .
I have a Edge monitor , so I'm not an expert on the Torque Pro app.
maybe it is answered in the official Torque Pro app thread ??

·
Registered
396 Posts
In the beginning of the video the robot voice said it works on Android devices and said nothing about IOS devices so I guess I’m of of luck due to my iPhone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CAVEMAN do you have a Google account ??
link that old phone to that account , see how it works .
I have a Edge monitor , so I'm not an expert on the Torque Pro app.
maybe it is answered in the official Torque Pro app thread ??

[/QUOTE
I'm just curious, I have a new CTS 3 coming in tomorrow, & my stage 1tune should be here this week too. I was just wondering if a phone that is not connected to a service would still allow me to download it.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Don't worry about the nay-sayers and the "sky is falling!!" attitudes. There are hundreds of thousands of these trucks out there and a very small percentage have had issues. Most people get on the forums only when they have a problem either to find a solution or to just bitch and complain.

I'e had mine now for almost 4 years and it's been the best truck I've ever owned ( and at 64 I've owned a LOT ) and there are many more on here with high mileage what have been virtually trouble free.

As far as tuning, I have not heard of anyone being denied warranty because of a tune. From what some have said , you would have to be a computer programmer to even know if the truck has a tune. Also if there were a problem the dealer would have to prove that the tune caused the problem to deny the warranty. Turning off that EGR is a huge plus.
( just sayin )

On the other hand,I have a close friend with 93K miles on his stock EcoD and it runs fine.

So, something to think about. Good luck with your new ride and hope u enjoy driving it as much as I do mine !(y)(y)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts