RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

2017 EcoDiesel

8K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  97hmcs 
#1 ·
New to the forums here. Stepped down from an '01 Cummins to a '17 Laramie CC 4x4 EcoDiesel because I don't need that big of a truck anymore. Bought this truck in May and love it so far. Looking forward to using these forums to learn the ins and outs of this new-to-me engine.

See less See more
#33 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Don't worry about the nay-sayers and the "sky is falling!!" attitudes. There are hundreds of thousands of these trucks out there and a very small percentage have had issues. Most people get on the forums only when they have a problem either to find a solution or to just bitch and complain.

I'e had mine now for almost 4 years and it's been the best truck I've ever owned ( and at 64 I've owned a LOT ) and there are many more on here with high mileage what have been virtually trouble free.

As far as tuning, I have not heard of anyone being denied warranty because of a tune. From what some have said , you would have to be a computer programmer to even know if the truck has a tune. Also if there were a problem the dealer would have to prove that the tune caused the problem to deny the warranty. Turning off that EGR is a huge plus.
( just sayin )

On the other hand,I have a close friend with 93K miles on his stock EcoD and it runs fine.

So, something to think about. Good luck with your new ride and hope u enjoy driving it as much as I do mine !(y)(y)

Reactions: MR. TED
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.