RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Ram 1500 AEV Recruit

Any Overlanders out there using the Ram 1500 as a platform? Most overlanders use Toyotas but this AEV conversion on an ecodiesel would be awesome. I would love to put these bumpers and lift on my outdoorsman.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I joined just to talk about this.

I have a 15 Outdoorsman. I've been adding and adding stuff to the truck to live out of it camping wise for a while. When AEV came out with their program, I had to bite.

I bought their lift and bumper setup. Did my own winch and lighting program. It's all amazing stuff. Works very well to correct geometry and maintain factory angles and dynamics. You can drift in this truck. It's crazy. There isn't a single other kit on the market that uses aluminum knuckles. They all move to cast iron and dramatically increase the unsprung weight and this dramatically affects ride quality. The skid plate is nothing short of a work of art. It's heavy for sure, but now its a structural part of the truck as this is where the diff sits now, removed from the engine mounts.

The bumper is very well built and ties into the frame better than any on the market. It will take a hit and get you home. That's what counts.

·
Registered
13,224 Posts
Did learn something from that article. NO regular cab option for the 2019 models.

Guessing that will change when the 2018 models are no longer made.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Article seems confused about the Ecodiesel engine. It mentions diesel and time to get the turbo spooled up and then a few paragraphs later say " cylinder deactivation seems to work in shorter bursts, perhaps where it’s programmed to think it can get by on four, but almost immediately exceeds the load at which it reverts to full count."

Seems to be a lack of knowledge or attention to detail by the author. THis kind of crap makes me wonder what you can believe in the article.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts