RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my eco diesel just under 2 years, I’m at 27,400 miles. On my way home from work I heard fluttering then all of a sudden a pop and engine gave out. Come to find out a rod broke through the block. Go figure. Mind you I’ve had all services and recall work done by my dealer. Getting a new engine but At this point is there even a way to get FCA to pay off the loan and move on to a different truck or car? I’d hate to keep having these issues and it doesn’t seem like any have been rectified.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The'yre giving you a new engine...it's like getting a do-over. There are so many EcoDiesels running great over tens or hundreds of thousands of miles...so the odds are that the new engine will be trouble free. Certainly you are many failures, etc away from a buyback.

·
Registered
137 Posts
VM and FCA has had 7 or 8 years to iron out problems with the ecodiesel. the replacement motor will probably be better than a motor 7 or 8 years ago.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yes, there is a way. Retain a lawyer and plan to spend thousands of dollars and years winning a settlement. It is best to just let them replace the engine under warranty and be content and happy that FCA is backing their product.

·
Registered
98 Posts
questions that you need to ask, the cost of a new engine paid for through warranty, vs. an atty. at $250 to $350 and hour and four years later dancing through the courts... and then the last questions, what if my atty sucks, 60% of them do, and what if you loose in court.... the $$$ spent chasing satisfaction could have gotten you a new truck...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts