RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've contacted my dealership on 4 occasions since I received my first notice in February of this year. At first, the dealership said there were no parts available. Now they are saying the parts are available, but they can't get them in a timely manner and that I might have to wait up to 50 weeks for the repair. On the last notice I received in late July, it clearly states that the vehicle cannot be re-registered in California until the repair is complete.

How can RAM not be producing or releasing these parts to complete the recall? Or, is the dealership blowing smoke up my......

·
Registered
168 Posts
There's parts out there. I had mine completed within a week of calling and setting up an appointment.

Have you tried a different dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I tried my local dealer. When that didn't work, I went back to the dealer I purchased it from. Both are struggling to get parts, at least that what they're telling me. Local dealer has a wait list of 50 trucks and is telling me it could be 50 weeks till repair. Purchasing dealer is telling me it could be several months before parts are available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand there's a user here called RamCares. Are they a representative of FCA? IF so, how does one contact them?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Either private message Ramcares or edit the title of this post to "Ramcares, please help" to get their attention.

As for the registration, are you sure it was for the EGR recall? The EGR works as it's supposed to until it burns up your truck so CA shouldn't care. Now I could see them blocking non-AEM registrations.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i've been on the waiting list for 3 months now. luckily i dont drive it much since i retired. but got in it last week and 10miles from the house it overheated and went into limp mode. took me 1 1/2 hrs to get it back home. it dumped all the antifreeze. went to the dealer and told them ram better either crap me a egr cooler or another vehicle to drive. 3 month wait is unacceptable !!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i've been on the waiting list for 3 months now. luckily i dont drive it much since i retired. but got in it last week and 10miles from the house it overheated and went into limp mode. took me 1 1/2 hrs to get it back home. it dumped all the antifreeze. went to the dealer and told them ram better either crap me a egr cooler or another vehicle to drive. 3 month wait is unacceptable !!
Were they able to fix your Ram? Let us know if we can help.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not yet. I've tried 2 dealerships, my local one where I live and the dealership where I purchased it. I've contacted the dealership where it was purchased 3 times this month, but each time it's as if they've not heard from me. Frankly, I don't know what to do at this point. The local dealership has stated that they've got 50 vehicles on a list and that they can get 1 part per week. That's a 50 week wait list.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Were they able to fix your Ram? Let us know if we can help.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
went in last week and told them now my engine has overheated and ram needs to get me a loaner after waiting 3 months on a cooler. they called me and said ram released one and it should be here in about 5 days. i just hope it didnt mess anything else up.2014 w/146k miles and only problem i've had was the def tank replaced under warr.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not yet. I've tried 2 dealerships, my local one where I live and the dealership where I purchased it. I've contacted the dealership where it was purchased 3 times this month, but each time it's as if they've not heard from me. Frankly, I don't know what to do at this point. The local dealership has stated that they've got 50 vehicles on a list and that they can get 1 part per week. That's a 50 week wait list.
i was told the same thing back in june i got on the list. when my engine overheated i told them either ram needed to shit me a egr cooler or pay for a loaner vehicle....i moved up on the list and should have one this week

1 - 12 of 12 Posts