RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2019 ram rebel, was to be delivered the 16th of aug. it’s delayed due to a pulley recall on the etorque drive. That’s what the dealer is telling me. I call FCA and gave them my vin and they tell me their is no recall. Dealer is telling me it will be in on the 23rd of Aug. Not sure what the hell is going on but will definitely follow through. Took awhile to locate the one I wanted. Msrp was 60,990 paid 53,200. Pretty much loaded. I know it’s illegal to sell new vehicles that have an active recall so I’m inclined to believe them because they haven’t cashed my check as of yet. Has anyone heard of such recall?

·
Super Moderator
4,167 Posts
It's probably not a recall yet, something more like a RRT similar to when FCA changed the oil spec of the EcoD. The factory put the brakes on all affected vehicles still in their or a dealer's possession till the fix is completed. Depending on how many ETorque motors made it into the wild, a recall may be ordered too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they’re already on the lots. I’ve driven them.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Kinda wonder what the real difference is in the drive between 5.7 with/without E-Torque as I just traded off my ED for a straight Hemi on 1 August, hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do they feel any different (especially under 2000 RPM or going up a hill with the cruise set) then the regular Hemi trucks? I guess I'll will visit my dealer and see if they have one as I want to test drive one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
442DB7A6-FAD8-4281-8E61-F7E29DE7C736.png 442DB7A6-FAD8-4281-8E61-F7E29DE7C736.png
Kinda wonder what the real difference is in the drive between 5.7 with/without E-Torque as I just traded off my ED for a straight Hemi on 1 August, hmmmmmm.
Only thing I noticed was low end under 1200 rpm it seemed more responsive. It could have been my imagination too. Lol. It mainly helps on start stop at lights etc to save fuel. My widow sticker shows 19 22 for the etorque.

·
Registered
504 Posts
TFL truck just reviewed one. Looks okay if it's under warranty. Out of warranty could get pricey quick. My Hemi is thirsty around town, assuming it helps mostly with that. Highway mileage is reasonable. Start stop function and initial take off and that's it for the hybrid function. They are EPA rated 2 mpg better than the regular hemis.

https://youtu.be/H3rkwq0mfKc

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I am anxious to hear about how the etorque concept works with the V6 gasser to see how that performs since I mostl drive in 55 mph speed limits and with an 8 speed transmission I can tow whatever I want the few times I do so if I have some patience. I am not about buying a truck for the optimum performance the one or two times a year I ask it to do way more than what I want in my everyday use.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am anxious to hear about how the etorque concept works with the V6 gasser to see how that performs since I mostl drive in 55 mph speed limits and with an 8 speed transmission I can tow whatever I want the few times I do so if I have some patience. I am not about buying a truck for the optimum performance the one or two times a year I ask it to do way more than what I want in my everyday use.[/QUOTE

The numberI read on the etorque V6 is 27 highway but couldn’t find any other info on the 6.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, the rebel I bought with the etorque has an indefinite hold until the back ordered part arrives. I decided to shit can that etorque and just order one without it. Got my VON today and now the long wait begins.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update. Ended up paying 48,800 with MSRP 57,205 ordered aug 26 received oct 20th stayed away from the etorque but got air ride. First pic suspension all the way up. Second all the way down.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts