RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a note from a dealership I have been dealing with to buy a new Pentastar truck. He advises that the Ecodiesel can now be built and ordered by the dealers. No Pentastar or no normal Hemi available (at least on the Longhorn which I want to order yet) but they expect those in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting.

The Sales Manager at one of my local Ram truck dealerships sent me an e-mail this morning saying he had just spoken with his Regional FCA Rep and they won't be able to order the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel until January.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealers can order Sold Orders but nothing for inventory. I heard Dealers can order for their inventory starting in January.. I ordered 2020 Rebel 4x4 diesel on 10-04-2019. Already in D status. Can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
2,969 Posts
Where is New Love? He has been chomping at the bit for months to order one. Can't wait to see pics and get driving and towing impressions from owners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you guys being told you can only get a 3.92 rear? I'm waiting for the government fleet code to order, but we built the truck in the fleet screen and he told me only 3.92 rear?

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Tried the public build sheet yesterday. Still no Ecodiesel option showing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just got a note from a dealership I have been dealing with to buy a new Pentastar truck. He advises that the Ecodiesel can now be built and ordered by the dealers. No Pentastar or no normal Hemi available (at least on the Longhorn which I want to order yet) but they expect those in the next few weeks.
If you follow through on your pentastar order, make sure you don’t order the 3.21 gearset!! At highway speeds it’s constantly downshifting at the least incline, sometimes as low as 4th gear. Very disappointing!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you follow through on your pentastar order, make sure you don’t order the 3.21 gearset!! At highway speeds it’s constantly downshifting at the least incline, sometimes as low as 4th gear. Very disappointing!
i did order one and got the 3.55. I often drive at 50 to 55 here in northern Wisconsin and might end up locking out 8th at thiose speeds. We will see. The revised shift pattern on my Ecodiesel after the AEM results is that usually happening too.

I have also gotten used to the frequent shifting of modern 8 and 9 speed transmissions. Particularly in the upper gears the differences between gears are small so the engine sound doesn't change much. Not like the old days when a downshift into passing gear jumped the RPMs 1200 or so more RPMS and you thought the engine would soon be in the car with you. The Pacifica shifts a lot too.

Here is the link that describes what I ordered and the deal I got https://www.ram1500diesel.com/threads/ordered-2020-1500-longhorn-4x4-rambox-with-pentastar.66847/unread

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Tried the public build sheet yesterday. Still no Ecodiesel option showing.

I think the website is on permanent transition. The classic 1500 Laramie has just one engine option when I looked today. The ED.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts