RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 Rebel ecodiesel on a Tuesday night and by Friday morning the check engine light was on. Code read as P26FB00 - “EGR Cooler Bypass Control Stuck Closed Bank 1”.
Truck went to the dealer the next day and I found out today it was the EGR vacuum control switch had been broken off.
Has anyone else seen this in 2020 Ecodiesel? Any thoughts from the crowd?
112A49D8-B3AF-49E3-AD8F-905391E12073.jpeg

·
Registered
2016 longhorn 4X4 bone stock
45 Posts
Has anyone else seen this in 2020 Ecodiesel? Any thoughts from the crowd?
yep too many cheap components and way to dependent on puter 😢 i could see it happening, but very discouraging, BTW had another brand that laid down on me in under 500 miles, give the dealers a chance stuff happens, be nice if the stuff was not so fragile though:rolleyes::unsure: hoping it's smooth sailing from here on;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
That white tube in your picture....on my truck it's date stamped 2016. Guess they've been using that same material for a long while.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,412 Posts
With how they try to minimize false errors with vehicles, some problems have to persist for xx amount of miles before they active. It's possible that was broke at the factory or while something was being checked out.
It's good the dealer was able to get find the problem and hopefully get you back on the road quick

·
Registered
13,518 Posts
Unusual aplastic failure. Not a pattern but indicative of the complexity of all modern vehicles.

That EGR system is one of the problematic systems that has plastic failures. Not on your truck but the earlier engines actually used plastic for the EGR intake that often catastrophically failed. Now they use a form of plastic formula in some engine blocks. Hope the plastic engine is not next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts