RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find their 2020 ram ecodiesel can take a bit longer to start sometimes or feels a lil rough? I'm wondering if I am being hypersensitive or it might be an injector issue. It doesn't throw any codes or anything.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,500 Posts
Is there a delay before it cranks? That's the glow plugs warming up, it fully automatic. With the push button or key there is no need to hold either to get the engine to crank to start.
How many different tanks of fuel has this "roughness" been felt? It could be the fuel, or changing weather conditions.

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts
No issue with mine.

·
Registered
2016 longhorn 4X4 bone stock
53 Posts
My B-I-L's 20 fires right up compared to my truck (mine is not "struggling" or "spinning" up for long though), of coarse our location may have more to do with this current early morning temps around 68~72 F ???? and neither truck seems rough running upon start-up, like crash68 mentioned/questioned any fuel supply changes???

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does anyone else find their 2020 ram ecodiesel can take a bit longer to start sometimes or feels a lil rough? I'm wondering if I am being hypersensitive or it might be an injector issue. It doesn't throw any codes or anything.
sometimes YESS , feels like it takes longer than usual .

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 2020 fires right up smooth as butter in any temperatures.

Reactions: Arvid

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine starts right up and runs great. There is a slight delay when you first push the start button, but that's the electronics going through their sequence and the glow plug pre-heat. Probably less than 15 seconds in warmer weather.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine starts right up and runs great. There is a slight delay when you first push the start button, but that's the electronics going through their sequence and the glow plug pre-heat. Probably less than 15 seconds in warmer weather.
you have that long of a delay after you push the button? 15 seconds?

·
Registered
162 Posts
There are glow plugs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts