Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.5%
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I have GDE tune on 2021 the best thing about the tune is you can see when it goes into regeneration. My truck has been going about a 1000 miles between regeneration I have not seen a tremendous difference in mileage but I baby the truck and get close to 30 mpg with 3.91 rear end
That is amazing milage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
GDE would offer a handheld device if it were available for the 3rd gen truck. It took years before he was able to finally offer the handheld flash tool for the 2014- 2019 trucks. I have the GDE EPA Complaint Tune for my 2015, which comes with the handheld device. I'm wanting to get the GDE tune for my 2020 as well, but I'm waiting to see if the handheld device is eventually released.
Wait no more.
I just got a GDE tune for my 2020 today. It comes with a hand held tuner. I can switch from the “Hot trans tune” to the stock trans tune. I opted for the second PCM so I can switch back to stock without having to send the PCM back to them. Check it out.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Wait no more.
I just got a GDE tune for my 2020 today. It comes with a hand held tuner. I can switch from the “Hot trans tune” to the stock trans tune. I opted for the second PCM so I can switch back to stock without having to send the PCM back to them. Check it out.
Wow, that's good news! That must be brand new since the website isn't even updated yet. According to their website, "Engine ECM must be first mailed in to GDE for bench flash. You will receive back the tuned ECM and the flash tool for installing the transmission calibration."

Reactions: Geico

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Have you heard of any issues with it? That seems like a lot of junk to run through the engines.
I've not heard of any issues with it. Personally, I would buy a new intake manifold for the 2014 - 2019 trucks. I don't know enough about the 2020+ trucks to even know what needs to be maintained long term. For the most part, the 3rd gen engine seems to be mostly problem free, but we haven't seen many 100,000-mile engines yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, that's good news! That must be brand new since the website isn't even updated yet. According to their website, "Engine ECM must be first mailed in to GDE for bench flash. You will receive back the tuned ECM and the flash tool for installing the transmission calibration."
Before you get too excited, they only have the handheld for the transmission tune.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
According to what they told me they have been doing installs for a long time, just not advertised. This is what I liked about them, they are very accommodating. That might not seem like a big deal to some, but it is to me. Seeing the shop sold me.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
How else would you tune the transmission? I believe it’s a separate control module correct? I have the trans tune handheld now. I can go to back to stock in 10 mins.
On the second gen engine, GDE has one handheld device for both the ECU and transmission. That's what I am waiting for.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
I don’t believe that will happen since the engine is being discontinued, but call them and ask. JMHO.
It's not being discontinued in the Jeep Gladiator. Also, there will be more people tuning their EcoDiesels in the coming years than when the vehicles are still new and under warranty. The demand for tuners will be here for the next 10+ years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
It's not being discontinued in the Jeep Gladiator. Also, there will be more people tuning their EcoDiesels in the coming years than when the vehicles are still new and under warranty. The demand for tuners will be here for the next 10+ years.
Call GDE and ask. There is a security issue in tuning the 3rd Gen Ram trans. The cable they provide is hooked up to the vehicle in a different location than the OBI outlet to defeat that security.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Call GDE and ask.
I've already spoke to GDE. They hope to have a handheld device for the tune, but it could take a year or two before it comes to market. There are no guarantees.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts