RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some matter of fact comments in this one. I find it interesting being compared to the other diesels available outside of America. I wonder if this gen-2 being reviewed has the same emissions components as the ones sold here?

The reply comments are interesting as well.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
From the specs given in the video this is still the old version of the ecodiesel, or for the other markets it is tuned differently.

Its also rated to get worse fuel economy over there than the gas v-8 option?

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Truly enjoyed that video. Not for information, for memories. Near crashed multiple times riding motorcycle in England. Did have a minor bump thing to drive a small "right hand" car in England also. Those round-a-bouts I saw in Austrailia reminded me of sheer terror rolled into one simple intersection. The silliness in Italian cities bears no horror compared to the simple confusion of driving on the right (wrong?) side of the road.

Enjoyed the landscape in the countryside, houses and the short bits of village scenery passing through small towns. Even the fuel station had fascination to me with their selection of fuels (oops... petrol) available at the pumps.

Couple details that this truck was modified to right hand drive, costs $110,000 PLUS "on-road costs"??? tells me it is stupid expensive. I do not think their exchange is all that different than U.S currency. Not sure but agree it must be the older Ecodiesel engine just from the paltry 3.5 ton row rating unless "ton" is not ton as we know it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the curious minds; the exchange rate on 11-23 makes this pick up priced @ $73,329.00 in US dollars. That makes for a pretty expensive Laramie trimmed ram. I wonder how much of that is due to shipping & the right hand drive conversion?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts