RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Starting a thread here for folks to share when they have picked up their New 2020 Ram Gen3 EcoDiesel. They will be hitting the lots soon.
I"ve read a lot of good information here on this forum and hoping to share my experiences with the truck when I recieve it.

I ordered 11/11/19 and the ship date is 11/27/19. Seems to be a pretty quick build as I was told 8-12 weeks, but the dealership called me and said its coming a lot quicker than they thought.

Wonder how long between ship date and actual driving off the lot it will be?

Where they held off a year and came up with a Gen3 version, hoping they crossed their T's and dotted their I's on this one.

Look forward to sharing all info, good, bad or otherwise.

CKSlack

·
Registered
817 Posts
There should be some driven-off the lots by now as one big Idaho dealership had 13 gen 3 EDs as of yesterday.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Called my dealer last week and he said that there were 6 in transit to dealers in Wisconsin that would be semi-convenient to get to. I live in NW WI so I am assuming about a 2hr drive radius.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There used to be a way to check online the progress of a build and also shipping updates.. can't seem to find it or it no longer exists. My dealer told me that I should be receiving updates via email on the progress each time a build code is updated..... No emails yet, but do have a VIN and VON .... just waiting like an impatience little boy... :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Subscribing for updates!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
There used to be a way to check online the progress of a build and also shipping updates.. can't seem to find it or it no longer exists. My dealer told me that I should be receiving updates via email on the progress each time a build code is updated..... No emails yet, but do have a VIN and VON .... just waiting like an impatience little boy... :)
you can go onto the owner MOPAR site and either send and email or do live chat and give them your VIN and ask for the build status and they will tell you.

·
Registered
13,579 Posts
Saw a number of then on the Kernersville Ram site. Each was listed with VIN #'s.

Now they were offered for sale without specific pictures after delivery. Pricing was just MSRP listings. All were Big Horn or higher models. Even saw one with an MSRP over $70,000.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Pricing was just MSRP listings. All were Big Horn or higher models. Even saw one with an MSRP over $70,000.
I'm guessing that big discounts won't happen very often during the first 6 months or so. By June/July, I think it will be more common to find the Ecodiesel with bigger discounts. I read that Ram was going to lower the percentage of Ecodiesels put into production. My guess is that VM Motori can only produce so many engines and those engines will now be dispersed between three models (Ram, Wrangler, Gladiator).

·
Registered
13,579 Posts
I'm guessing that big discounts won't happen very often during the first 6 months or so. By June/July, I think it will be more common to find the Ecodiesel with bigger discounts. I read that Ram was going to lower the percentage of Ecodiesels put into production. My guess is that VM Motori can only produce so many engines and those engines will now be dispersed between three models (Ram, Wrangler, Gladiator).
Not sure those advertised truck are even in for sale yet. It reads like they are but that dealership can be suspect.

As for the pricing, my opinion is they quoted MSRP and will not post a sale price until the vehicle is in their lot for sale. They do "good" pricing discounts and advertise them. In the past I have seen this MSRP pricing and it seems to indicate you negotiate a price in advance of the vehicle's arrival.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Starting a thread here for folks to share when they have picked up their New 2020 Ram Gen3 EcoDiesel. They will be hitting the lots soon.
I"ve read a lot of good information here on this forum and hoping to share my experiences with the truck when I recieve it.

I ordered 11/11/19 and the ship date is 11/27/19. Seems to be a pretty quick build as I was told 8-12 weeks, but the dealership called me and said its coming a lot quicker than they thought.

Where they held off a year and came up with a Gen3 version, hoping they crossed their T's and dotted their I's on this one.

CKSlack
Hi all,

CKSlack
I was able to get my Gen 3 in a 2019 1500 Laramie Crew Cab. I love it, its towing power and great MPG. Only complaint so far is that Ram/FCA were too cheap to provide the block heater cord for this $5,000 option.

·
Super Moderator
3,287 Posts
I got one online for like $7. Then I found my 2014 had it and I just overlooked it. Guess I will keep it for a future gen 3 ED in a gen 5 1500.. one day. Pics of your new truck?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I was able to get my Gen 3 in a 2019 1500 Laramie Crew Cab.
If you have a 2019 truck it is not a gen. III. Gen III engines are only in the 2020 trucks. The 2019 trucks are the gen. II engine.

Reactions: sourdo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to get my Gen 3 in a 2019 1500 Laramie Crew Cab. I love it, its towing power and great MPG. Only complaint so far is that Ram/FCA were too cheap to provide the block heater cord for this $5,000 option.
Hi Big Dog,

I didn't think there was a 2019 model... thought is was a skipped year due to motor redesign.

Read somewhere that they were going to offer the tradesman model with Gen 2 motor, but all upper level models were stock with Gen 3.

Have any photos of your truck to post?

Best of luck with it ! ! !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you can go onto the owner MOPAR site and either send and email or do live chat and give them your VIN and ask for the build status and they will tell you.
Hi Howie12,

Took your advice and did the Mopar Chat.... Got a build status of JB which means the truck is built and JB - shipped to body vendor. Read somewhere that this means that its off to have the bedliner sprayed in.....

Wonder how long till it hits the dealership now?

It should be here just in time for salt season here in the northeast (Boston area) .... good mind to garage it till spring... :)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi Howie12,

Took your advice and did the Mopar Chat.... Got a build status of JB which means the truck is built and JB - shipped to body vendor. Read somewhere that this means that its off to have the bedliner sprayed in.....

Wonder how long till it hits the dealership now?

It should be here just in time for salt season here in the northeast (Boston area) .... good mind to garage it till spring... :)
Yes, our salt season has already started. My truck went from final trim to waiting for shipment to shipped with a 2 week arrival ETA from now to 2 weeks hence in 4 days. I just checked with them again and they will have no further updates until the dealer calls and says it is there. Mine had the bed liner too and I didn't see the JB status but I have read that it can make several status changes in a day once the building actually starts. Mine was ordered approx 18 Oct. Good luck on getting yours.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got another build status update.... KZ - released by plant and invoiced.

Getting closer.... Wonder how long it will take to rail it to Massachusetts?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,480 Posts
Got a build status of JB which means the truck is built and JB - shipped to body vendor. Read somewhere that this means that its off to have the bedliner sprayed in....
I just drove past the Mopar Custom shop where they do this. There is usually a ton of vehicles lined up going in there constantly.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Just got another build status update.... KZ - released by plant and invoiced.

Getting closer.... Wonder how long it will take to rail it to Massachusetts?
Not long if its direct but long if it keeps getting shunted aside to allow higher paying freight to get through. Gotta keep those Best Buys and Dollar stores et al stocked with Chinese and other Asian stuff before Christmas. Not a useful answer, I understand but some years ago I recall reading an article about the time for transit and how it varied by Season and as I recall it, which isn't as good as it used to be, December was one of the lowest months because high paid freight won out to keep things stocked in the stores for the Christmas buying season. bticbw. However, if you are parking it for the winter April should be fine! Then you won't be tempted to take it out into the salt. But, I know that once your truck is in this stage it is always like Christmas eve for a kid, regardless of how old you are. Hope you get it soon.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts