RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I just drove past the Mopar Custom shop where they do this. There is usually a ton of vehicles lined up going in there constantly.

Thanks for posting that Crash, that was an interesting video. I am not sure if your full post came through though.....I was expecting to read the non existent third sentence that said what you saw when you drove by the shop..........

·
Super Moderator
3,983 Posts
Thanks for posting that Crash, that was an interesting video. I am not sure if your full post came through though.....I was expecting to read the non existent third sentence that said what you saw when you drove by the shop..........
There was at least a dozen deep and three wide, unfortunately I was in traffic driving by didn't have much ability spot an EcoD in the wild. The new hood badge is hard to spot

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just drove past the Mopar Custom shop where they do this. There is usually a ton of vehicles lined up going in there constantly.

Hi Crash68,

That was a pretty cool write up and video.... Now that its been built and now in KZ mode.... wonder how long it will be till my arse hits the seat... :)

Howie12 made a few good points as the rail will send freight via the highest paying freight... and being Christmas time... I'm sure that is true.

Hoping to take delivery before end of year to get the Employee Pricing Plus discount.

Thanks for the insightful post ! ! !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well.. got the call this morning and photos of them unloading it from the transport truck. Glad my dealership was sending me updates along the way. Made a few phone calls and picked it up this afternoon and drove Rufus home... yup.. my son has named it Rufus... Don't ask me why.. :)

First impressions is it is an absolutely gorgeous truck. Ride quality is second to none... VERY VERY quiet on the highway.... Diesel engine is pretty quiet but standing outside of it you can tell its a diesel, but on the inside unless you accelerate pretty good, its not even noticeable.

Best of all the wife loved the ride home, so I guess its a keeper...

Didn't get it on the road till after dark... stopped for dinner celebration and the highway we hit for a nice comfy ride home...

I will be posting more info as I get more time in the seat... but for now Rufus is in the garage just in time to avoid a snow storm in the morning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just picked up mine today and put about 60 miles on her running errands. Smooth doesn't even begin to describe the ride. I'll be curious to see if the high kicks in tomorrow when I start it for work. Can't wait to log some more miles!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just picked up mine today and put about 60 miles on her running errands. Smooth doesn't even begin to describe the ride. I'll be curious to see if the high kicks in tomorrow when I start it for work. Can't wait to log some more miles!
All the best on the new truck. Absolutely love mine. I'm not sure I made the right decision on mirror choice though. I opted in for the trailer towing package which include trailer tow mirror... they are BIG.. :) but I will only tow less than 5% of the time. The thing I will miss is power fold in and surround camera. The only camera I have is backup. I would have thought at least the front camera would still come with the truck and trailer mirrors. Front camera would come in handy parking in tight spots.

Other than that love it.... snow subsided today, so I'll bring Rufus out of the stable tomorrow.. :)

Best of luck on your new ride

·
Registered
261 Posts
For those that have a 2020 Gen3 ED, and have previously had previous generation 1500, how are the headlights in the new 1500, especially on the Laramie and lower trim levels that do not get the top headlight package? The headlights ae mediocre at best in my 2014 Big Horn (quad halogens). IIHS only rates the top trim level as having good headlights, so curious how folks are finding the light performance in the real world.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok I am thinking of going ahead and order my 2020 Ram1500 EcoDiesel 4x4 Limited but not seeing any discounts on the EcoDiesel. The truck should be in 10 to 12 weeks. My question is should we wait until after the first of the year and hope to get some discount? What I'm hearing they don't have that many EcoDiesel to build trucks. Just asking for some help the last Dodge truck we order was a 1995 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins and just sold it month ago. We tried a 2015 GMC Denali 1500 4x4, it was what we ordered but not what my old Dodge was. We ended up saling the GMC after two years and was glade we kelp the Dodge.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well.. got the call this morning and photos of them unloading it from the transport truck. Glad my dealership was sending me updates along the way. Made a few phone calls and picked it up this afternoon and drove Rufus home... yup.. my son has named it Rufus... Don't ask me why.. :)

First impressions is it is an absolutely gorgeous truck. Ride quality is second to none... VERY VERY quiet on the highway.... Diesel engine is pretty quiet but standing outside of it you can tell its a diesel, but on the inside unless you accelerate pretty good, its not even noticeable.

Didn't get it on the road till after dark... stopped for dinner celebration and the highway we hit for a nice comfy ride home...

I will be posting more info as I get more time in the seat... but for now Rufus is in the garage just in time to avoid a snow storm in the morning.

View attachment 84623

View attachment 84623

·
Registered
32 Posts
We placed our order today 2020 Limited 4x4 ivory white tri-coat, 33 gal tank, block heater, level one eq. group, protection and bed utility group no choice but the 3.92 gears, no multi-function tailgate or ram box or sun roof I'm 6'5"and need all the head room I can get. I will have to wait to see what discounts are out there when the truck comes in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Was able to pull Rufus out of the garage and take a couple of photos.... Absolutely love this truck ! ! ! Pure Luxury :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Can anyone prove existence of 6'4" Rambox yet?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
There used to be a way to check online the progress of a build and also shipping updates.. can't seem to find it or it no longer exists. My dealer told me that I should be receiving updates via email on the progress each time a build code is updated..... No emails yet, but do have a VIN and VON .... just waiting like an impatience little boy... :)
Just go to Chrysler customer care, don't call them, go to the text them section, and conference with them... type in the VON, and Vin... and they might be able to tell you status.... I had a VIN and come to find out, that VIN was bumped, and they gave me the new VIN and ship date.... I took delivery of my ordered unit on 9 Dec... now have 1006 miles clocked onto it... love it....

·
Registered
72 Posts
For those that have a 2020 Gen3 ED, and have previously had previous generation 1500, how are the headlights in the new 1500, especially on the Laramie and lower trim levels that do not get the top headlight package? The headlights ae mediocre at best in my 2014 Big Horn (quad halogens). IIHS only rates the top trim level as having good headlights, so curious how folks are finding the light performance in the real world.
Headlights you ask, hmmmmmm, what did the catfish scream when he hit the wall???? DAMMMM
WOW, these things are bright, I can now spot deer 300 yards out... well, maybe 200.... these things beat the heck out the projector lamps that were on my 2016 Laramie... I can now burn out those bow tie drivers that won't dim their brights…, Oh, and the other slick thing, when you hit your turn signals, go left or right, you also have a bright cornering turn lamp, or maybe it's my imagination, but I swear, the curb lit up... oh, and one other thing, these things do cut through fog and not refract back at you.... have not done a snow storm yet... but the head lamps, great improvement...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a new white one in the driveway. 2020 4WD BigHorn. The rear seat area is cavernous compared to my 2015 ED. The engine is noticeably quieter believe it or not and the cabin is noticeably quieter when driving at 50mph and up. The truck is not mine yet but the dealer told me to drive it home and bring it back on Thursday.
As far as discounts go? They are offering Employee Discounts which brought the price down from the high 53K area down to the 43K range. Since my 2015 is sitting in the back of their service area with the dreaded recall and no parts they want to offer me 19K for mine. Second time in 6 weeks my truck has gone down.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts