RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
About
I have a new white one in the driveway. 2020 4WD BigHorn. The rear seat area is cavernous compared to my 2015 ED. The engine is noticeably quieter believe it or not and the cabin is noticeably quieter when driving at 50mph and up. The truck is not mine yet but the dealer told me to drive it home and bring it back on Thursday.
As far as discounts go? They are offering Employee Discounts which brought the price down from the high 53K area down to the 43K range. Since my 2015 is sitting in the back of their service area with the dreaded recall and no parts they want to offer me 19K for mine. Second time in 6 weeks my truck has gone down.
about a year ago I traded a 2015 with 68k miles (Big Horn)...i got 23k for it, so 19k dead waiting for parts doesnt seem like a terrible deal to me. I would have to seriously consider that...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Headlights you ask, hmmmmmm, what did the catfish scream when he hit the wall???? DAMMMM
WOW, these things are bright, I can now spot deer 300 yards out... well, maybe 200.... these things beat the heck out the projector lamps that were on my 2016 Laramie... I can now burn out those bow tie drivers that won't dim their brights…, Oh, and the other slick thing, when you hit your turn signals, go left or right, you also have a bright cornering turn lamp, or maybe it's my imagination, but I swear, the curb lit up... oh, and one other thing, these things do cut through fog and not refract back at you.... have not done a snow storm yet... but the head lamps, great improvement...
What trim level truck do you have? The Limited gets different lights than the lower trims and those lights were given a good rating by IIHS. I'm looking at a Laramie and wondering how those headlights are???

·
Registered
219 Posts
Got mine 12/10/19. Night edition. 33 gallon tank. 1800 miles on it so far. I drive 70 percent highway. Averaging 24.7 mpg!!! Love it. View attachment 84745 View attachment 84746
Got my granite night edition Thursday night. Absolutely love it.
something about the night edition made me have to get it.
280 mile the other day all highway mixed speed 55-75 lie-o-meter said 29.9mpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
About

about a year ago I traded a 2015 with 68k miles (Big Horn)...i got 23k for it, so 19k dead waiting for parts doesnt seem like a terrible deal to me. I would have to seriously consider that...
I did just that today. Went back into the dealership. They had put me into a BigHorn 4X4 with the 3.92 rear in it over Christmas. Acceleration was great but not the MPG. Since I do not have to or plan on towing 12,000# I drove one with the standard ratio and noticed about 3+ MPG better on the around town loop. Did not like the standard radio either as my 2015 ED had the upgraded stereo in it. Sure hope the Gen 3 ED is bug-free because I may be crazy enough to go for a new one. The interior noise was noticeably quieter than the 2015 and the interior room in the new body style is cavernous!! Never seen leg room like this in a half ton truck! .

·
Registered
817 Posts
I did just that today. Went back into the dealership. They had put me into a BigHorn 4X4 with the 3.92 rear in it over Christmas. Acceleration was great but not the MPG. Since I do not have to or plan on towing 12,000# I drove one with the standard ratio and noticed about 3+ MPG better on the around town loop. Did not like the standard radio either as my 2015 ED had the upgraded stereo in it. Sure hope the Gen 3 ED is bug-free because I may be crazy enough to go for a new one. The interior noise was noticeably quieter than the 2015 and the interior room in the new body style is cavernous!! Never seen leg room like this in a half ton truck! .
I hope you got a good one and they fixed the many 2019 gen 5 issues but knowing FCA I bet not.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
What trim level truck do you have? The Limited gets different lights than the lower trims and those lights were given a good rating by IIHS. I'm looking at a Laramie and wondering how those headlights are???
Used to be able to get the Limited lights in the Laramie, that no longer the case?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got my granite night edition Thursday night. Absolutely love it.
something about the night edition made me have to get it.
280 mile the other day all highway mixed speed 55-75 lie-o-meter said 29.9mpg
Hey I'm looking at one now. What rearend does your truck have? I'm looking at one with offroad package. It has 3.92. 2 hour drive to check it out but the price is right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Used to be able to get the Limited lights in the Laramie, that no longer the case?
With the new truck, the Laramie gets a step up in headlights relative to the Big Horn but does not get the Bi_LED headlights that are on the Longhorn and Limited. I test drove a 2020 Big Horn ED last night and was disappointed in the lights. The dealer had just received a Laramie but it wasn't ready to drive. the sales rep told me the Laramie lights are definitely better than the Big Horn.

Overall I like the new truck. The Gen 3 seems to pull better than my 2014 with little to no lag. Driving it back to back with a 2500 Cummins convinced me to skip looking at the 2500 option as I really don't need that much truck. So far it looks like I'll have to order one as I'm not finding one that is optioned as I'd like, which includes the locking diff rather than the anti spin diff, rambox and sunroof in 4x2.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The hood looks different my badges are lower and on the edge of the hood on my night edition.
night edition on the white looks good.
good luck with it. Have 1000 miles on mine and couldn’t be happier

·
Registered
284 Posts
No it the Laramie with the night edition.
Let us know how well You think the headlights work? And if you had a previous generation Ram, how they compare. I'm on the verge of ordering a Laramie...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am still waiting for my Laramie night edition to be built. Mine will be Billet Silver Metallic, mine will also have different wheels since I also opted for the off-road group.

41 - 60 of 138 Posts