RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The headlights are rather impressive. I haven't owned a previous gen ram or truck for that matter. I come from driving an Audi and to be honest it drives so nice I don't mind the transition at all! I will say I drove 300 miles today on it and I nearly didnt get the adaptable cruise control and I HIGHLY recommend it if you take even occasional long drives. I'm very much so enjoying the vehicle!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The hood looks different my badges are lower and on the edge of the hood on my night edition.
night edition on the white looks good.
good luck with it. Have 1000 miles on mine and couldn’t be happier
The Big Horn doesnt offer the Sport Hood in the night edition which is why the badges are in different locations.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked at a few today. Two Big Horns and one Larim. My current ED is a Lone Star edition (Texas specific? ) which seems to be in between the two. I don't think I could stomach a downgrade to either if either Big Horns. The Larimie was a white night edition that was pretty sweet and would've been a nice upgrade but MAN the price difference from what I got my '16 is ridiculous even with a few of the rebates and discounts. Now I'm kind of wondering what to do with mine given this fire risk BS and tanked truck value. Is going thru a buyback with worth the extra $ you'd get vs. Trading it in at the same place? I haven't seen what you guys are getting on the buyback side compared to trade-in value.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I picked mine up last Saturday.(12/28/19)
My 2015 ED burned a hole in the intake a couple months ago and only lasted less than 6 weeks before the check engine electronic control code came back.
I put it in the dealership and as usual...no parts to fix plus I had lost confidence in the Gen2 engine platform. Mulled it over and started researching the gas engines as well as the new Gen3 ED. Decided to go with the Gen3 in a Laramie. Dealer gave me 19K for my 4WD with 66K miles on it which I think was okay considering it was broken in the back of their service dept. with no clue when parts will be available to fix it.
The New 2020 is definitely all they said it is in advertising. Quieter and a bit more power. Cab is almost silent ! Back seat is cavernous! I did not opt for the 3.92 rear and so far with a couple hundred miles on it I am averaging almost 25mpg in total around town driving.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I picked mine up last Saturday.(12/28/19)
My 2015 ED burned a hole in the intake a couple months ago and only lasted less than 6 weeks before the check engine electronic control code came back.
I put it in the dealership and as usual...no parts to fix plus I had lost confidence in the Gen2 engine platform. Mulled it over and started researching the gas engines as well as the new Gen3 ED. Decided to go with the Gen3 in a Laramie. Dealer gave me 19K for my 4WD with 66K miles on it which I think was okay considering it was broken in the back of their service dept. with no clue when parts will be available to fix it.
The New 2020 is definitely all they said it is in advertising. Quieter and a bit more power. Cab is almost silent ! Back seat is cavernous! I did not opt for the 3.92 rear and so far with a couple hundred miles on it I am averaging almost 25mpg in total around town driving.
you saying you had a option of something besides the 3.92 rear gears??

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
you saying you had a option of something besides the 3.92 rear gears??
I was wondering the same thing. Not that I would want 3.55 gears, but I thought 3.92 were the only gears offered for the Ecodiesel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I do Want the 3.55 But was told no way. It looks like there is a way but I don't know where I can get the ones I want.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.
When I was at the dealership they had three on the lot. Two with 3.92 and one with 3,55. Written on the stickers. I drove both of the ratios and decided I wanted the 3.55.
Now.....I have to stand corrected on mine.
The dealer looked elsewhere for mine and it was found over near Cape Canaveral. Had about everything I wanted and a bit more and did not have the 3.92 rear.
Assumed the 3.55 was in it. That is where I must stand corrected. It has the 3.21 rear end in it which is fine for me as I do not plan on towing much of a load with it. Point is that what is being written here may not be entirely correct on the ratios.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.
When I was at the dealership they had three on the lot. Two with 3.92 and one with 3,55. Written on the stickers. I drove both of the ratios and decided I wanted the 3.55.
The dealer looked elsewhere for mine and it was found over near Cape Canaveral. Had about everything I wanted and a bit more and did not have the 3.92 rear.
Assumed the 3.55 was in it. That is where I must stand corrected. It has the 3.21 rear end in it which is fine for me as I do not plan on towing much of a load with it. Point is that what is being written here may not be entirely correct on the ratios.

Congrats on the truck! I’d be interested to see the difference in RPM the axle ratio makes, particularly at highway speeds, along with the fuel mileage. Any and all tidbits of info will be appreciated! I love my 2015 Ecodiesel, and continue to have zero issues out of it. And I just passed 120,000 miles. I suspect you’ll have many many trouble-free miles out of your 2020. Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on the truck! I’d be interested to see the difference in RPM the axle ratio makes, particularly at highway speeds, along with the fuel mileage. Any and all tidbits of info will be appreciated! I love my 2015 Ecodiesel, and continue to have zero issues out of it. And I just passed 120,000 miles. I suspect you’ll have many many trouble-free miles out of your 2020. Congratulations!!!
Thanks!
I sure hope so. It is quieter than the 2015 for sure and the 2015 I thought was vary quiet. Averaging 24.9 MPG so far in around town driving. Went to the airport last Monday and was getting over 30 on that trip mixed . I notice a bit of a difference in the way it shifts and also notice virtually no lag in throttle.

·
Registered
13,530 Posts
Pappy,

I put in your Vin # and that is the sticker I got. did notice you have a conventional rear end as opposed to some kind of limited slip version. Still, no mention of the ratio change.
There may be a sticker on the rear end itself with that information. If not, go 60 mph and take a picture of your rpm's. Post that picture and allow others to see what it is and compare to theirs. Evidently, you have what you don't have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Right at 500 miles now and still around 24.7mpg. for almost all around town type driving.
Mal......I have what I don't have? Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some people are still in disbelief but I think you've given enough. I'm glad you're enjoying the gen 3. I'm eyeballing one myself but I'm trying to see how your whole FCA thing plays out before I pull the trigger on anything.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,424 Posts
If you hit the freeway and get up to 70 mph and the transmission is in 8th note the following:
1510 rpms is 3.21 axle gearing
1670 rpms is 3.55 axle gearing
1840 rpms is 3.92 axle gearing
If you think about it see what your truck shows and report back.
There has always been anomalies with the trucks that were not customer ordered, usually resulting in combinations that the dealer can't order.

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Registered
13,530 Posts
Right at 500 miles now and still around 24.7mpg. for almost all around town type driving.
Mal......I have what I don't have? Care to elaborate?
Sure.

Literature and reviews say you cannot get anything but a 3:92 rear end ratio. You therefore can't have a 3:21. Now it seems that you HAVE what you can't have. Got it?

Run your vehicle at the 70 mph speed as requested and report the rpm.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Literature and reviews say you cannot get anything but a 3:92 rear end ratio. You therefore can't have a 3:21. Now it seems that you HAVE what you can't have. Got it?
Hey Captainmal you can get the gen 3 with a 3.21 ratio. I have a 2020 on order and it will have the 3.21 ratio.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts