RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did my first fill up last Friday. Dashboard said I was getting an average of 24.8mpg. I calculated 27.1mpg. This was almost entirely around town driving with some two lane back road stuff to work and back at around 14 miles each way. We shall see which way it trends.
After the fill up I towed around 3500# (7x12 utility trailer with 15 outboards plus parts on a tall railing I built) or so for a couple hundred miles and the dash said I was still around 21.1mpg. Mostly open back roads and 62-64 mph max on them.

·
Registered
933 Posts
How did they nearly DOUBLE the tow rating of these EcoDiesel engines??????? Unreal.
Opened up the grille for more airflow, cranked up the horsepower and torque, beefed up the transmission, changed the emissions, and put the truck on a completely new frame and suspension.

·
Registered
933 Posts
How did they nearly DOUBLE the tow rating of these EcoDiesel engines??????? Unreal.
Opened up the grille for more airflow, cranked up the horsepower and torque, beefed up the transmission, changed the emissions, and put the truck on a completely new frame and suspension.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great looking truck 1970gopher. Looks almost identical to what I've been building online. Can't wait to order my second Laramie in late summer for the 2021 models. Hopefully they'll be offering the night edition. Just curious, on my last Ram they gave me the option to have the white lettering on the inside or outside during build process. Did that come up with you?
Mine is finally here...It’s a Laramie with level 2 interior, off-road group, bed utility group, multifunction tailgate, all wrapped in the night edition. View attachment 85266

·
Registered
269 Posts
No, with Night Edition it was all blacked out badging. Most of the interior is black but there are still some chrome accents in various places.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Hey Captainmal you can get the gen 3 with a 3.21 ratio. I have a 2020 on order and it will have the 3.21 ratio.
Here:

I have already started the pre-order program. Any change is axle ratio other than 3:92 immediately hangs the engine to a gasser. Try it and see.

Now I am NOT at a dealer using their ordering computer. Surely it is possible the FCA build website is wrong and it can be done. My bet is the dealer salesman is clueless and not properly reading the order or some window sticker that shows the default 3:21 ratio. Then some overlook the change later on in the order or that change is not printed out.

You get it - prove it. Show the rpm at speed, the window sticker or look into the VIN #. Some even find it printed on the differential case . Have read of owners saying they have one that is not 3:92. Then when you look at a picture of the rpm at speed it is not. One even had a window sticker with 3:55 on. Never got an rpm picture at speed to compare and see. Anything is possible. The FCA build website says, "No".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just bought a Limited with all the options, i'll take delivery of it sometime next week. this will be a second EcoD, last truck was a 2016 had 133500 miles with zero issues i hope the trend continues.

I travel a ton 30-35kmiles a year so i can say the EcoD is the single best truck on the road, my old truck said 215hours idle 2950hrs driving, all highway, cant wait to put the 957miles per tank test in the books.

EcoD for life.

true fuel economy in northern CA trip started in Vancouver WA-Quincy CA-Oroville CA-Lakeview OR-Medford OR-back to Vancouver WA, filled up 2-3times the 3rd time a 100miles away from home. i cant wait to see what this 33 gallon tank will do.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
100% stock
Great! That gives me hope! I'm at 81,000 miles bone stock. I want to trade for a 2020 Ecodiesel, but I'm still upside down on the loan. I need to either sell private party, or close the gap by making extra payments, or hang-on for another year or so. I love my Ecodiesel, though.

·
Registered
269 Posts

My truck also has the electronic rear locker which is part of the off-road group. Why it isn't listed on the window sticker is odd and beyond me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here you Cap, ordered this truck in 2019 . Even though the Ram build site kept rejecting any choice but a 3.92 ratio. Here is your proof that you can get a 2020 with the 3.21 ratio.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was told with the configuration of my truck that with the 3.21 ratio max towing would be at 7,500lbs, if I had went with the 3.92 ratio max towing would've been at 9,800lbs max towing. Hope that helps.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts