RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts
I just ordered a limited and I had to pay extra for the hitch, but as soon as I clicked the trailer brake controller it added it.

I've attached a photo from the ram site in Canada showing it as an option in the Limited

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
hey I’m sure in the states that’s a given, the Canada site looks way different

·
Registered
239 Posts
I see the hitch listed as standard equipment now. Not like that here in Canada at all

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts
Yeah hard to believe this is stock

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looking for you new 2020 Gen5 owners input:

I'm looking at a Laramie: Debating the Advanced saftey group.

If you purchased the advanced safety group or your model came standard with adaptive cruise control and lane assist; do you have any gripes about it? The lane assist looks like a simple push of a button to turn it off so it's not annoying if you're on a normal commute with tight lines. But i can see the added benefit if you're on a long road trip and want to have to additional safety benefit of not dosing off or getting out of your lane. Same with the adaptive cruise control, I've never had it but i'm sure it's great for long trips.

I'm also torn on tow mirrors but i'm thinking I may opt to not have them. They look a little big and I won't be pulling a 30' gooseneck either. Just a 17' boat regularly and 20' car trailer infrequently. I don't care about losing the surround view with them, but not sure I need them either. Less drag, better fuel mileage! haha.

Oh, and anyone with them, do they even flip up? like a 2500/3500. Or are they just wider with the larger convex mirror?

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts
Looking for you new 2020 Gen5 owners input:

I'm looking at a Laramie: Debating the Advanced saftey group.

If you purchased the advanced safety group or your model came standard with adaptive cruise control and lane assist; do you have any gripes about it? The lane assist looks like a simple push of a button to turn it off so it's not annoying if you're on a normal commute with tight lines. But i can see the added benefit if you're on a long road trip and want to have to additional safety benefit of not dosing off or getting out of your lane. Same with the adaptive cruise control, I've never had it but i'm sure it's great for long trips.

I'm also torn on tow mirrors but i'm thinking I may opt to not have them. They look a little big and I won't be pulling a 30' gooseneck either. Just a 17' boat regularly and 20' car trailer infrequently. I don't care about losing the surround view with them, but not sure I need them either. Less drag, better fuel mileage! haha.

Oh, and anyone with them, do they even flip up? like a 2500/3500. Or are they just wider with the larger convex mirror?

Your thoughts?
I like the ACC and the LA, it’s different but a good different

I like non tow mirrors they look nicer, but the tow mirrors are more functional if they have the power fold in option.

and yes they tow mirrors flip up, same as 2500 ( same mirrors)

Reactions: mat_haas

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would not have any car or truck with out either. We leave them on all the time. The Ram is better than our 2019 Prius Limited. They are great in heavy traffic. Also my insurance is cheaper with all the safety features.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well I think i'm sold on getting a Limited now. All of the upgraded features I was going to go with in the Laramie are mostly standard on the Limited. It comes out to like a $3k difference, and the limited has better leather, a sleeker center console, interior touches, rear ventilated seats, power running boards, a tonneau cover, and tow hooks...

Honestly Jkcamino, your truck is almost identical to the one I've built out so thanks for sharing the quality pics so I have a real idea of what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
All of the upgraded features I was going to go with in the Laramie are mostly standard on the Limited. It comes out to like a $3k difference, and the limited has better leather, a sleeker center console, interior touches, rear ventilated seats, power running boards, a tonneau cover, and tow hooks...
I like (and sometimes prefer) some of the interior/exterior colors on the Laramie that can't be optioned on the Longhorn and Limited, but I can't get myself to buy one. When comparing the two, I always gravitate towards the Longhorn. As you mentioned, the seats and special touches on the Longhorn/Limited is worth the upgrade in my opinion.

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts
No probl
Well I think i'm sold on getting a Limited now. All of the upgraded features I was going to go with in the Laramie are mostly standard on the Limited. It comes out to like a $3k difference, and the limited has better leather, a sleeker center console, interior touches, rear ventilated seats, power running boards, a tonneau cover, and tow hooks...

Honestly Jkcamino, your truck is almost identical to the one I've built out so thanks for sharing the quality pics so I have a real idea of what it looks like.
no problem, but if I were you I’d pass on the factory soft tonneau cover, I don’t care for it, and I’ll be moding my 2016 bakflip on it shouldn’t be a big deal

·
Registered
58 Posts
No probl

no problem, but if I were you I’d pass on the factory soft tonneau cover, I don’t care for it, and I’ll be moding my 2016 bakflip on it shouldn’t be a big deal
good to know. I think the factory tonneau is part of the black appearance package on the Limited. Just like the tow hooks (which required the off road package i think in the Laramie, but I didn't want that whole package). So i'm not sure I can excluded 1 piece in the package.

I was undecided on power running boards too, which are part of the standard equipment on the Limited, so I did ask the dealer to check if it's possible to exclude them. I assume if that's possible, then I might be able to do the same with the tonneau (the bakflip was my top pick for aftermarket upgrade when I was looking at the Laramie).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jkcamino; if you happen to get time, can you post a picture of your door jamb sticker? Curious to see what all of the ratings are. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts
I’ll post that this morning
Jkcamino; if you happen to get time, can you post a picture of your door jamb sticker? Curious to see what all of the ratings are. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts
I’ll post that this morning
As far as the power running boards there OK I would’ve rather had regular fixed runningboards they do offer a little more paint protection from rocks and chips

The tonneau cover should be an option I don’t think it’s a factory thing with the night package

You’re not trying to build a truck and order it are you?

I’m sure you could find what you want on a lot just have the dealer do a really broad search

Attachments

101 - 120 of 138 Posts