RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
As far as the power running boards there OK I would’ve rather had regular fixed runningboards they do offer a little more paint protection from rocks and chips

The tonneau cover should be an option I don’t think it’s a factory thing with the night package

You’re not trying to build a truck and order it are you?

I’m sure you could find what you want on a lot just have the dealer do a really broad search

Well if you look at the Window Sheet you posted on your truck; it appears the tonneau cover and tow hooks are part of the Black Appearance Package for a Limited truck. They're spaced in below the Black Appearance Package with all of the other options for Black Appearance:

Black Appearance Package $3,995
Black "RAM" Grille Badge
22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Black Aluminum Wheels
19–Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound
285/45R22XL BSW All–Season Tires
Black Exterior Badging
Black Headlamp Bezels
Tri–Fold Tonneau Cover
Sport Performance Hood
Tow Hooks
(^ironically the forum won't format my spacing haha)

And if you look at Optional Equipment add-ons, you can see similar formatting for specifics underneath a Package name. And then other stuff isn't spaced over at all, like the sunroof, tailgate, or rambox since it's not part of a package.

And about the purchase, once I solidify every single thing I want in the vehicle, then i'll give them every spec, and they'll try to do a locate first (find one any where they can) and if not, then it will be a build.

I'm just very specific. and I know exactly what I want and what I don't want. Most people just say 85-90% of what they want, and there's some wiggle room when the dealer gets something in.

And example is your first window sticker you posted on what you thought they were bringing, vs the truck you actually got. If I tell them every single spec, I wouldn't accept any other truck than is exactly what I requested. Haha. I have a preference on every single option.

And the power running boards are a standard feature on the Limited, as can be seen on your window sticker (just like air suspension and the 12" screen). I just thought they were a little slow to deploy when I was getting in and out. I'm always on the go, and pull the door open and go to jump in or out. And the running boards were just starting to move when I would go to enter/exit the truck.

Plus I liked the ideal of the fixed running boards if I wanted to stand up on them while washing the truck.

But currently, I don't think I have the choice to exclude the power running boards, waiting to hear back.

And thank you for the door jamb pics sir! Much appreciated

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
And about the purchase, once I solidify every single thing I want in the vehicle, then i'll give them every spec, and they'll try to do a locate first (find one any where they can) and if not, then it will be a build.

I'm just very specific. and I know exactly what I want and what I don't want. Most people just say 85-90% of what they want, and there's some wiggle room when the dealer gets something in.
I'm like you. I know exactly what I want. It's so much easier just to order. There are so many options on these news trucks, it would be very difficult to find exactly what I want on the lot. Finding on the exterior color is hard enough, then how about the interior color? There are three interior color options on the Longhorn, three gears to choose from, a variety of packages, and a plethora of options to add and delete (wheel sizes, tire varieties, running boards, bed liner, etc). I can get the same price ordering (if not a better price) as I can trying to find one on the lot, so why bother?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Double post.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm like you. I know exactly what I want. It's so much easier just to order. There are so many options on these news trucks, it would be very difficult to find exactly what I want on the lot. Finding on the exterior color is hard enough, then how about the interior color? There are three interior color options on the Longhorn, three gears to choose from, a variety of packages, and a plethora of options to add and delete (wheel sizes, tire varieties, running boards, bed liner, etc). I can get the same price ordering (if not a better price) as I can trying to find one on the lot, so why bother?
yea, if i know there is the ability to select any and every option on the vehicle, i'm absolutely going to do so specific to my preference.

But you can still give the exact build sheet to your dealer and they'll see if one exists. I don't care if it's already on someone's lot, as long as it has every single spec I desire. Which is unlikely when you get crazy specific. I'm pretty sure the dealers themselves spec trucks to be built for their lot which they believe appeals to the customers in their area or that will sell. And if someone doesn't spec something exactly like you desire, then it just needs to be built at the factory.

I'll follow up when I find out more from my dealer on possibly changing options that are included in a package.

Jcamino, do you know what the max tow rating with your truck is?

I can only find exact specs for 2019 and prior on the Ram site, so 2018 was the last one posted with a 3.0 EcoDiesel option. with 3.92 gears a crew cab 4x4 ED was rated around 8,500 max tow and the hemi 5.7 was 10,000. I feel like I saw marketing for the 2020 ED to be close to the Hemi, so curious what these new trucks with the ED and 3.92 in crew cab 4x4 are actually rated for on Max Tow.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm pretty sure the dealers themselves spec trucks to be built for their lot which they believe appeals to the customers in their area or that will sell. And if someone doesn't spec something exactly like you desire, then it just needs to be built at the factory.
My dealer doesn't even bother trying to find it. They just give me a good deal on the order and we are done in 30 minutes. (invoice, less hold back, less $800, less rebates, and 50% off any service contract).

And just for the record, here are the specs for my 2020 Longhorn, Crew Cab, 4x4 with the short box:
Payload Capacity: 1,800 lbs.
Towing Capacity: 9,710 lbs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My dealer doesn't even bother trying to find it. They just give me a good deal on the order and we are done in 30 minutes. (invoice, less hold back, less $800, less rebates, and 50% off any service contract).

And just for the record, here are the specs for my 2020 Longhorn, Crew Cab, 4x4 with the short box:
Hmm, I'll have to see what kind of pricing they give me. Seems like several people on here have a great dealer to work with. This is my first new vehicle purchase ever... hah.

And thanks for sharing the specs! I was hoping it'd be close 10k towing. That's sufficient for my needs.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Hmm, I'll have to see what kind of pricing they give me. Seems like several people on here have a great dealer to work with. This is my first new vehicle purchase ever... hah.

And thanks for sharing the specs! I was hoping it'd be close 10k towing. That's sufficient for my needs.

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
109 Posts

I mine is like 9800 towing with 3.92 rearend
I have a great report with my dealer Dick Hannah here in Vancouver wa, plus they offer a limited lifetime power train warranty at no cost. I’m sure your dealers Have the same warranty?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to see what kind of pricing they give me. Seems like several people on here have a great dealer to work with.
Mine is not a loaded Longhorn and it still came to about $13,000 off MSRP. It would have been more like $15,000 off MSRP had it been loaded.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I mine is like 9800 towing with 3.92 rearend
I have a great report with my dealer Dick Hannah here in Vancouver wa, plus they offer a limited lifetime power train warranty at no cost. I’m sure your dealers Have the same warranty?
Those a good tow numbers, thanks man. As far as the warranty, i'm not sure, i'll have to ask. They didn't mention anything yet.

Mine is not a loaded Longhorn and it still came to about $13,000 off MSRP. It would have been more like $15,000 off MSRP had it been loaded.
Thanks for giving me numbers to reference. They haven't given me an exact number yet since I didn't settle on an exact build yet, but the rough numbers they gave me seem to be close to that. I'll keep them in mind as a reference when trying to negotiate with them. Thanks brother.

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 85295
My truck also has the electronic rear locker which is part of the off-road group. Why it isn't listed on the window sticker is odd and beyond me.
1970Gopher – Last week I ordered a 2021 Laramie similar to your configuration. The FCI site always allowed me to build a Laramie 4x4 with the Night Edition combined with Off Road…but that was with the short bed. But when to 2 different dealerships last week, the dealership's systems wouldn’t combine those packages which I personally reviewed with them. I ended up keeping the Off Road package and going with the Sport Package (not my first choice). Did you get the 5’7” or the 6’4” bed? Your window sticker didn’t seem to state. But clearly you got both packages.

Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
273 Posts
1970Gopher – Last week I ordered a 2021 Laramie similar to your configuration. The FCI site always allowed me to build a Laramie 4x4 with the Night Edition combined with Off Road…but that was with the short bed. But when to 2 different dealerships last week, the dealership's systems wouldn’t combine those packages which I personally reviewed with them. I ended up keeping the Off Road package and going with the Sport Package (not my first choice). Did you get the 5’7” or the 6’4” bed? Your window sticker didn’t seem to state. But clearly you got both packages.

Appreciate your input.
I have the 6' 4" bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys - new here. Went to order a 2020 ecodiesel and I guess I was too late as they said they are now only building the 2021s. So for 200 dollars more I ordered the 2021 😂 and she Will be arriving in 3 weeks! I ordered a big horn, 4x4, 3.92, 33 gallon tank, lvl 2 equipment group, 5 seat, trailer break control, blind spot detection, oh and she is silver. Look forward to learning from you all- I am currently in a 2000 Ram 2500 Cummins so it will be a huge change, but she is going to my son(only has 127k on the engine).
-Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys - new here. Went to order a 2020 ecodiesel and I guess I was too late as they said they are now only building the 2021s. So for 200 dollars more I ordered the 2021 😂 and she Will be arriving in 3 weeks! I ordered a big horn, 4x4, 3.92, 33 gallon tank, lvl 2 equipment group, 5 seat, trailer break control, blind spot detection, oh and she is silver. Look forward to learning from you all- I am currently in a 2000 Ram 2500 Cummins so it will be a huge change, but she is going to my son(only has 127k on the engine).
-Steve
3 weeks for delivery? I’m jealous. Ordered my 2021 Laramie 2 weeks ago and dealer said 3 months. If you don’t mind, post up when it arrives. Thx

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
she Will be arriving in 3 weeks!
Anything is possible, but from recent conversations with my dealer, these trucks are backlogged on delivery. My dealer said they have several vehicles built, but they are all sitting either in a parking lot or rail yard. Delays are taking up to an extra 15 - 20 days before the truck is getting delivered to the dealer. I'm also out here in the wild west, so your part of the country might be quicker.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts