RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
ckslack,

Is this your first Ecodiesel?

I just started receiving a social security annuity that I don't need so I can have a expensive new truck for the rest of my life and was pricing out 2020 Limited.

I would configure it without the tow package so I could get the regular mirrors and the surround camera, and just add the brake controller as an option.

If you had a prior year Ecodiesel how does the 2020 compare? Since my 2015 only has 50k miles on it and 20k left on my extended warranty I will probably keep it for a while and get a '21 or later truck but I really like all the options on the Limited.

Is the 12" screen really that easy to operate without really looking at it? I'm on a business trip and my rental has a large touch screen and no knobs and I find myself spending too much time looking at it instead of the road...might be an unfamiliarity thing as well.

Other than the warped Rambox cover, does it take up much if any bed space? I had a Honda Ridgeline and so miss the in bed trunk so the Rambox is of interest to me.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I looked at the 20 with the Ramboxes on the dealer's showroom floor last week. The boxes fill from the inside edge of the wheel wells and I don't think they add any height to the sidewalls. The big question is what do you need the bed for and how often? If you're going to be hauling landscaping materials, firewood, rock, etc, then the Ramboxes will limit what you can load in there. On the other hand, you won't have to worry about cleaning the corners above the wheel wells out.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts