RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post on the forum... a friend told me about this group and I have been lurking for some time before I ordered a 2020. I figured I would provide some input on what my order process has looked like. Live in metro Denver, Colorado ordered from a local dealer on the south side of town. Order process was pretty easy as I had spent a ton of time playing on the build website and looking around before I went into the dealer. Took $500 to place the order and we were good to go. Dealer said they were suppose to quote 6-12 weeks for an order, but they wouldn't be surprised if it was done in 4-6; minus COVID timeframe it looks like they are probably going to be right.

Order Timeline:
  • Saturday 3/14 - Placed Order in the afternoon (3:00ish MDT)
  • Wednesday 3/18 - SHAP shut down due to COVID
  • Wednesday 4/8 - Ram sent an email saying things were going as fast as possible but due to COVID shut down. They provided a tracking number via email to check on the order. The following week I called with the tracking number to see how things were going, they said it had a VIN and was in D1 status but plants were closed.
  • Monday 4/18 - SHAP re-opened
  • Thursday 5/28 - per chat with agent, they said the truck had started build that day and check back after the weekend
  • Monday 6/1 - per chat (different agent), they said the truck was done and in inspection and then any additional items outside main build process would be completed in the next week and then sent to shipping
So that is where I sit so far. Crazy its really only been about 2.5 weeks from order and an open plant and its essentially done, so it seems like things are going fairly quick on orders. Ill update the post when I actually get it, who knows on the actual finalize and shipping process.

Order Details:
  • Limited 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
  • Black / Body Color Bumper
  • 33 Gallon Tank
  • 3.21 gears
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • Limited Level 1 Equipment
  • Bed Utility Group
  • Trailer Brake Controller
  • Engine Block Heater
  • 20" wheels standard (stayed away from the 22")
  • OffRoad package (get the skid plates, locking rear axle and full size spare tire)
  • NO ramboxes (read quite a bit on warping/discoloring)
  • NO multi-tailgate (did not like the split)
  • NO trailer tow group (would replace the mirrors and lose the 360 cameras)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Pretty much same timeframe for me.. Just hope the truck is put together well. Hope they are not just rushing. Slapping things together. One must wonder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update - my Ram was delivered this past Monday 6/15 and so far I am super pleased. I have not had much time to drive around this week (only have put about 70 miles on it) but very impressed so far. It is extremely quiet and feels like it has plenty of power. I will get it up in the mountains (I70 or 285) over the next week or two towing a RZR and echo trailer (~2,200 lbs) and see how it does.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
You do well describing things for the forum. Welcome and keep the saga of your new ride going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations!! I'm planning to order a "21" Laramie in February. Just curious.... what's the max front and rear axle weights are and GVWR numbers are on the drivers door? Have RAM shared any specs with you on the max payload weight and what is the max trailer tow weight for your truck? Lat I looked they did not have these published for the 2020 Gen 3 ED 4x4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts