RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I’m looking for some advice... I bought a new 2020 ram 1500 rebel eco diesel (V6) about 500 miles ago and the check engine light cane on today on the highway. It remains after a cool down and restart as well. I will be taking it in to service on Friday but I wonder if anyone else has knowledge of this issue? Thanks for the help!
https://nox.tips/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,427 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Without an error code it's hard to say what the issue is. Not many problems have been reported so far with the Gen3 EcoDiesel engine, there are quite a few upgrades from the previous.
When you get a resolution from the dealer, please post up the outcome as to possibly help others

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
couple of guys with almost brand new 2020 with problems described in this other thread :
exemple : post #47 some fuse box problem on EcoNoob's truck .

·
Registered
13,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum - First post.

As talked about, there is a number associated with that CEL. You need a monitor gauge or code reader to get that number. When you go to the dealer, ask for that number and that is what you report back, plus any other information you get there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my Limited 1500 Monday (4/20/2020) and it had the check engine light at 102 miles - Wed (4/22). Took it directly back to the dealership and the code it throws is for the EGR - the code says that the valve is stuck closed. Seems to be a software glitch. Nothing is wrong with it. My new truck spent Wed night at the dealership and a RAM representative told my service department that there will be a recall for the software glitch that is causing this. Got the truck back Thursday. Took it to get the windows tinted Friday. Went out today (4/25) and the check engine light is back on. Told my dealership it is back, giving up not having a check engine light on at this point. Not worth driving the 40 miles to get it turned off. Now we wait...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my Limited 1500 Monday (4/20/2020) and it had the check engine light at 102 miles - Wed (4/22). Took it directly back to the dealership and the code it throws is for the EGR - the code says that the valve is stuck closed. Seems to be a software glitch. Nothing is wrong with it. My new truck spent Wed night at the dealership and a RAM representative told my service department that there will be a recall for the software glitch that is causing this. Got the truck back Thursday. Took it to get the windows tinted Friday. Went out today (4/25) and the check engine light is back on. Told my dealership it is back, giving up not having a check engine light on at this point. Not worth driving the 40 miles to get it turned off. Now we wait...
Did your truck go into limp mode? Mine hit 102 miles gave me a check engine light and went into limp mode . I am taking it back tomorrow to be worked on .

·
Registered
2 Posts
It did briefly the first time. This second time it kicked on I did not even notice it at first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an EcoDiesel wrangler same issue as you describe. Dealer claimed there will be a TSB issued and it is merely a calibration issue. Is that what they told you? Mine usually occurs on a cold startup, error code is P26FB- EGR valve stuck closed.

Apparently there is a hose that needs to be replaced, mine had this done but it came back on the next cold start. Have you heard anything on when a fix may be available from your dealer? It may be handy to keep a hand scanner in the car to clear the codes. Mine usually comes back after a few cycles on a cold start.

One would think that if it is a calibration issue that all these vehicles would have the issue or that the fix would be swapping out the EGR valve. Strange that only a few select vehicles with the 3rd gen EcoD have it. Doesn't make much sense.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hopefully by the time my truck is built, this will no longer be an issue. But I'm following just in case.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hopefully by the time my truck is built, this will no longer be an issue. But I'm following just in case.
When did you order?.. I ordered right when they shut down the factory due to Covid. Just announced that they will be starting up on the 18th. I have no idea when I will see this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
When did you order?.. I ordered right when they shut down the factory due to Covid.
I ordered on 3/3/20.

Just announced that they will be starting up on the 18th. I have no idea when I will see this truck.
Thanks for the information. I had not heard they were starting up on the 18th. My truck was in 'D' status before the COVID-19 shutdown. At this rate, I don't anticipate taking delivery of my truck until July. I hope they are offering the 0% interest and no payments for 90 days when I do take delivery. That will make the wait much more palatable.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Knock on wood, our 2020, now a month old and almost ar 4000 miles has not missed a beat. DEF consumption rate strikes me as higher than our 2014, but overall excellent so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,
I’m looking for some advice... I bought a new 2020 ram 1500 rebel eco diesel (V6) about 500 miles ago and the check engine light cane on today on the highway. It remains after a cool down and restart as well. I will be taking it in to service on Friday but I wonder if anyone else has knowledge of this issue? Thanks for the help!
Have you been able to resolve your issue? I just puchased 2020 Rebel eco diesel three days ago and after 200 miles the P26FB EGR code appeared as well. It’s heading to the dealer in the morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
I bought mine on 06/08 with 71 miles and on 06/10 took it in to the dealer with Check Engine light on as well. Got code P020F00 which is Cylinder 6 Injection Timing and also my USB ports were not working for my stereo. This really ticked me off as I just traded a 2019 Laramie V6 Hybrid with 35k and no issues. Was told by dealer that Chrysler notified them that this issue is happening on some of the EcoDiesel (that ticked me off even more) as too me they should not be selling the trucks and allow customers to find out if we are the lucky ones. Dealership owner offer me $36k for the truck as it is now used ($54k MSRP). Filled a complaint with Ram, BBB, FL Dept of Consumer Protection as to me that vehicle should not been sold if there are issues going on with some of the engines. Was told it is fixed but have not picked it up as I am waiting for feedback. Think it will be my last Ram truck. Extremely disappointed.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I bought mine on 06/08 with 71 miles and on 06/10 took it in to the dealer with Check Engine light on as well. Got code P020F00 which is Cylinder 6 Injection Timing and also my USB ports were not working for my stereo. This really ticked me off as I just traded a 2019 Laramie V6 Hybrid with 35k and no issues. Was told by dealer that Chrysler notified them that this issue is happening on some of the EcoDiesel (that ticked me off even more) as too me they should not be selling the trucks and allow customers to find out if we are the lucky ones. Dealership owner offer me $36k for the truck as it is now used ($54k MSRP). Filled a complaint with Ram, BBB, FL Dept of Consumer Protection as to me that vehicle should not been sold if there are issues going on with some of the engines. Was told it is fixed but have not picked it up as I am waiting for feedback. Think it will be my last Ram truck. Extremely disappointed.
Every manufacturer goes through this same process. It is impossible to know every issue that will occur in any vehicle and a huge part of figuring it out is through customers. This is why a warranty exists. You will not find a vehicle, especially in the first year of production, that doesn't have some issues. The main concern would be if they are honoring the warranty and fixing it. That it's the difference between a good and bad manufacturer.

They're still working out the kinks on the 2020s. So far they have been much more reliable than the 2014 were when they came out. Even with the small problems that have been reported, so far I have not heard of a story where ram has not taken care of the customer. That is really what it comes down to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts