RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Update:
Truck checked out fine. Parts are all operating. They said it is something with the software. They are waiting to hear from FCA if there is a SW update or fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Update:
Truck checked out fine. Parts are all operating. They said it is something with the software. They are waiting to hear from FCA if there is a SW update or fix.
It will probably drive better in the cooler months. I think the erratic behavior is mostly related to the emissions. GDE is supposed to have a tune available by next summer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I’m hoping they just flash the software again and it’s all good. Maybe it wasn’t uploaded correctly from the start? Hence why it’s only a handful of trucks and not all of them??

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I’m hoping they just flash the software again and it’s all good. Maybe it wasn’t uploaded correctly from the start? Hence why it’s only a handful of trucks and not all of them??
It doesn't sound like Stellantis really knows what's going on, either.

I still have less than 100 miles on my truck, but so far it runs good! 😉

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello everyone,
I’m looking for some advice... I bought a new 2020 ram 1500 rebel eco diesel (V6) about 500 miles ago and the check engine light cane on today on the highway. It remains after a cool down and restart as well. I will be taking it in to service on Friday but I wonder if anyone else has knowledge of this issue? Thanks for the help!
https://nox.tips/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/
My father-in-law has a 2020 eco. Threw a code on a road trip 2000 miles from home. Code ended up being P20EE. I quick forum search will provide answers. The system was replaced under warranty, but was out of service for about 5 days. They provided a rental truck for him at no cost...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Stellantis??
Stellantis is the new name for FCA. The name changed happened when FCA merged with the French company (PSA Group). The company now owns Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Alfa Romero, Maserati, Peugeot, Abarth,Citroen, DS, Lancia, Opel, and Vauxhall.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Update: FCA sent dealership 2 software updates and is waiting to hear back how the truck is after updates are installed.
That's good news! So far, my 2020 is running good.

Reactions: NewLove

·
Registered
121 Posts
Update:
They are replacing whole EGR system. Should be ready for pickup Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Update:
They are replacing whole EGR system. Should be ready for pickup Wednesday.
I just hope their diagnoses is correct. I said from the beginning that I wouldn't be surprised if the problems were related to the emissions system which is causing the truck to have erratic behavior.

Reactions: NewLove

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
997 Posts
Sounds like a made up hippy name of an old girlfriend you want to forget.

Stellantis? lol...

Hey man, I drive a Stellantis!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Sounds like a made up hippy name of an old girlfriend you want to forget.

Stellantis? lol...
According to Wiki, Stellantis is rooted in the Latin verb stello meaning "to brighten with stars"

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has anyone here with problems dig into FCA yet about restitution?.. If so, how’d you make out? I opened up a case for mine. Today is 2 weeks in service.. and have no idea when I’m getting it back. They say another week

·
Registered
121 Posts
no they returned it to me its sitting in my garage... They don't know when a fix will come out... Sucks having to pay payments on a vehicle that is inoperable.. Do you have a case manager?
What’s up with your truck?

41 - 60 of 86 Posts