RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ram put's out their marketing hype for towing & hauling spec's, but we all know that every individual truck will have it's own spec's based on it's configuration. The spec's for my 2020 finally hit the Mopar owners site & I thought I would share them here as some general information for those that might want to know.

The truck is a 2020 1500 Longhorn, CC, 4x4, 5'7" box, ecodiesel, 20" wheels, 3.92 limited slip, air-ride, 33 gallon fuel tank, spilt tailgate.

Payload = 1267lbs
Towing = 9667lbs

·
Registered
823 Posts
Glad to know they finally put it out there. I thought it was advertised at 12k lbs? Or is that regular cab tradesman 4x2 with 3.92?

9k+ is still really good. I wouldn't hesitate to grab a 2020 if they could be had at the same price I got my 2016 at, but they're so darned expensive right now for any of the half tons...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the 12000lbs is the hype I was referring to. There's a big difference between marketing propaganda & the real world sometimes. Just like EPA mileage ratings. The car makers are notorious for cherry picking good numbers for marketing purposes, those numbers are real for the vehicle that was tested to get them, but probably wont apply to the one you buy & actually drive.

·
Registered
795 Posts
12600lbs is probably a 4x2 Tradesman.

·
Registered
366 Posts
33 gallon tank would be nice. Kroger fuel rewards points are good for up to 35 gallons discount. Week after thanksgiving I had 1$ off per gallon, but only needed 21 gallons.

9600lb govt rated load capacity means 12,000lbs flat terrain and good weather towing could be done. Perhaps even more for those who don't need EPA tuning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
While I know the "Payload" number can be misleading, it is interesting to see the difference between this truck, as configured, with a "Payload" of 1,267, and the 2WD 2020 ED that the guys from TFL (or was it one of the other guys) who showed the door jamb sticker on the loaner they were testing which, as I recall, had a "Payload" of 2,055 (or close to that).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think you take a hit on payload and towing capacity by getting the air suspension. I know it's "supposed"to be the other way around when you add aftermarket bags, but I think stock ones reduce your capacities...

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Ram put's out their marketing hype for towing & hauling spec's, but we all know that every individual truck will have it's own spec's based on it's configuration. The spec's for my 2020 finally hit the Mopar owners site & I thought I would share them here as some general information for those that might want to know.

The truck is a 2020 1500 Longhorn, CC, 4x4, 5'7" box, ecodiesel, 20" wheels, 3.92 limited slip, air-ride, 33 gallon fuel tank, spilt tailgate.

Payload = 1267lbs
Towing = 9667lbs
Check the sticker on the driver's side door post and tell me what it says for maximum payload.

My new 2020 Pentastar, 3.55, 4x4 5'7" rambox Longhorn has the following rating on the Mopar site max payload 1810 lbs and max towing 7410 lbs while the door tire and loading info sticker says max weight of occupants and cargo 1122 lbs. THe difference makes no sense to me. I need to check the tire ratings to see if that is the issue.

The axle ratings are 3900 front and 4100 lbs rear which should give plenty of axle rating for the MOPAR site loads.

ANyhow, I am curious if others have a disagreement between the door sticker and the Mopar site info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts