RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find any recent topics on how long the 22's are taking from order date to delivery. On Saturday, I ordered a new Limited.

I will post here any updates I get up until delivery.

Dealer said to expect 4-5 months.

The waiting begins...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thanks for the update, hopefully FCA will speed things up and get their 'Chips' together............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did not think I would get a VIN# so quickly, but end of first business day after ordering the truck, I have it. That's the first step to ordering my new Leer cap too.

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 4x4 CC Laramie
968 Posts
I would assume $70k usd for a limited? I've been checking out the new 2022s here seems 100k cad is the norm now a days for a half ton lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm over 5 months and I have 2 emails from RAM saying they have all the parts and it's sequenced for production. The wait continues. :whistle:⏳⏳⏳⏳⏳

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Did not think I would get a VIN# so quickly, but end of first business day after ordering the truck, I have it. That's the first step to ordering my new Leer cap too.
Hi: the big rig... It's one thing to have your number... It's quite another just when your numbers up!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Buddy ordered a new 3500 fully loaded. Been 11 months and was just told another 5-6. He had bought $20,000 worth of bumper winchs and light bars with rims and 37" rubber to put on it. Now he regrets it and the accessory company is willing to take back the accessories and exchange them for a full GMC package like he had for his Ram that won't show. GM told him 3 months for a full load 3500 Duramax so he is jumping ship. Had Dodge his entire life so we will see what he thinks down the road. Pulls a 30' enclosed trailer all winter across Sask. Had to replace the Hemi and the rad in his current truck with 300,000 km for some serious change. I convinced him a diesel is more suited for his work than the big Hemi. So it was supposed to be a Cummins but now it's going to be a Duramax.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 EcoD Laramie 4x4 crew cab ORP w/all the goodies
82 Posts
Ordered a Rebel on 10/27 and it just got built, now waiting for it to ship.
Congrats.

Went in Friday to order a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk for my wife to replace her current SUV. Even though the FCA site lists as an option they aren't actually available to order. Ended up with the Overland and the EcoD wasn't an available option yet. In hindsight, very happy I've got me '21 EcoD 1500. But I will say, that 5th Gen Uconnect looks pretty nice. We also ordered the Advanced Pro Group for her Cherokee that has night vision/thermal imaging for animal detection. That would be a nice feature for Ram to add to the 1500s.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would assume $70k usd for a limited? I've been checking out the new 2022s here seems 100k cad is the norm now a days for a half ton lol.
My philosophy has always been buy the nicest you can afford and keep as long as you can. My 2015 is worth about $30K, which is not bad for a 7 and a half year old truck. I am basically ordering the same truck I have now, adding the safety technology package. I love the smart cruise control in my wife’s car. That should make road trips much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Buddy ordered a new 3500 fully loaded. Been 11 months and was just told another 5-6. He had bought $20,000 worth of bumper winchs and light bars with rims and 37" rubber to put on it. Now he regrets it and the accessory company is willing to take back the accessories and exchange them for a full GMC package like he had for his Ram that won't show. GM told him 3 months for a full load 3500 Duramax so he is jumping ship. Had Dodge his entire life so we will see what he thinks down the road. Pulls a 30' enclosed trailer all winter across Sask. Had to replace the Hemi and the rad in his current truck with 300,000 km for some serious change. I convinced him a diesel is more suited for his work than the big Hemi. So it was supposed to be a Cummins but now it's going to be a Duramax.
LOL ! Obviously SOMEONE just flat dropped the ball. (Like the dealer) Should have changed dealers a Long time ago .

·
Registered
170 Posts
LOL ! Obviously SOMEONE just flat dropped the ball. (Like the dealer) Should have changed dealers a Long time ago .
Well he is changing dealers and brand now. Ram dealers are slipping it in the hind end of enough people to make the change. Warranty is a joke on a lot of this stuff. No parts on shelf ever. I got a 90 mile drive to closest dealer and needed a glow plug. Don't stock one. 90 mile drive back home. They call in a week ok part is in. Book an appointment to get it fixed. I drive 90 miles and they get it in and spend and I spend an hr in the waiting room while taking it apart. Then the service manager greets me in the coffee room being all sorry because the glow plug they ordered is missing and has obviously been sold. I said why would you order only 1 of a common part to which he said management said to cut back on stock. When motor went the same dealership quoted me $20,000. Yorkton Dodge qouted me $17,500. Now I drive 150 miles to Yorkton and get a similar feeling being there a few times. Then this video of the Jackass truck center says it all. Can we say slimey!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Vehicle is only as good as the dealership. Called 2 Dodge dealerships in Regina at 3:45 on a Friday 3 hrs from home with a front wheel bearing gone. They both basically told me no time and told me 5pm was home time for everyone so Monday would be better. Better for who? The bigger the dealerships the worse it gets. The days of giving a [email protected] about the consumer here has left the industry. Maybe its the same with Chev and Ford but never tried. Never hurts too try something different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't find any recent topics on how long the 22's are taking from order date to delivery. On Saturday, I ordered a new Limited.

I will post here any updates I get up until delivery.

Dealer said to expect 4-5 months.

The waiting begins...
I am considering ordering also. 4-5 months seems long, If it goes that long it seems they would start getting ready for the 2023 models before it gets built. I don't know I have never ordered before. My reason to consider ordering is I want the Limited Longhorn with the 6'4" bed and no dealer carries anything but the 5'7" bed.

Did you order with lots of options? I plan to get the Longhorn Level 1 equipment group with a couple extras.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts