RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would assume $70k usd for a limited? I've been checking out the new 2022s here seems 100k cad is the norm now a days for a half ton lol.
My philosophy has always been buy the nicest you can afford and keep as long as you can. My 2015 is worth about $30K, which is not bad for a 7 and a half year old truck. I am basically ordering the same truck I have now, adding the safety technology package. I love the smart cruise control in my wife’s car. That should make road trips much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am considering ordering also. 4-5 months seems long, If it goes that long it seems they would start getting ready for the 2023 models before it gets built. I don't know I have never ordered before. My reason to consider ordering is I want the Limited Longhorn with the 6'4" bed and no dealer carries anything but the 5'7" bed.

Did you order with lots of options? I plan to get the Longhorn Level 1 equipment group with a couple extras.
i know almost all the crew cabs are the shorter bed. I am hoping it shows up faster, but supply chain issues have affected every brand. Mine is optioned pretty well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's what I ordered. Most of the dealers in Western Oregon in the cities primarily stock the super short bed, 5.7. It was the same when I purchased my current 2016. I ordered the 2022 Longhorn in mid July and they were supposed to start the new model about mid August. I don't know what to think and I had a strange chat back in early December with Ram and got a bunch of double talk. I'm thinking they built it and someone took it. I was also told in mid October that they had all the parts to build the truck. There has been talk on the boards that they are building mostly gassers. Good luck.
[/QUOTE
That's what I ordered. Most of the dealers in Western Oregon in the cities primarily stock the super short bed, 5.7. It was the same when I purchased my current 2016. I ordered the 2022 Longhorn in mid July and they were supposed to start the new model about mid August. I don't know what to think and I had a strange chat back in early December with Ram and got a bunch of double talk. I'm thinking they built it and someone took it. I was also told in mid October that they had all the parts to build the truck. There has been talk on the boards that they are building mostly gassers. Good luck.
i would have a talk with the dealer as others have reported getting their trucks in that time frame. Once you have the vin, they can’t give the truck a different vin, so unlikely somebody got your truck. Possibly some of your parts were redirected though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts