RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am considering ordering also. 4-5 months seems long, If it goes that long it seems they would start getting ready for the 2023 models before it gets built. I don't know I have never ordered before. My reason to consider ordering is I want the Limited Longhorn with the 6'4" bed and no dealer carries anything but the 5'7" bed.

Did you order with lots of options? I plan to get the Longhorn Level 1 equipment group with a couple extras.
i know almost all the crew cabs are the shorter bed. I am hoping it shows up faster, but supply chain issues have affected every brand. Mine is optioned pretty well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I want the Limited Longhorn with the 6'4" bed and no dealer carries anything but the 5'7" bed.
That's what I ordered. Most of the dealers in Western Oregon in the cities primarily stock the super short bed, 5.7. It was the same when I purchased my current 2016. I ordered the 2022 Longhorn in mid July and they were supposed to start the new model about mid August. I don't know what to think and I had a strange chat back in early December with Ram and got a bunch of double talk. I'm thinking they built it and someone took it. I was also told in mid October that they had all the parts to build the truck. There has been talk on the boards that they are building mostly gassers. Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's what I ordered. Most of the dealers in Western Oregon in the cities primarily stock the super short bed, 5.7. It was the same when I purchased my current 2016. I ordered the 2022 Longhorn in mid July and they were supposed to start the new model about mid August. I don't know what to think and I had a strange chat back in early December with Ram and got a bunch of double talk. I'm thinking they built it and someone took it. I was also told in mid October that they had all the parts to build the truck. There has been talk on the boards that they are building mostly gassers. Good luck.
[/QUOTE
i would have a talk with the dealer as others have reported getting their trucks in that time frame. Once you have the vin, they can’t give the truck a different vin, so unlikely somebody got your truck. Possibly some of your parts were redirected though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good point about the Vin, I've had that since September. About Dec 11 I got an email from production again confirming my Vin and saying they had the parts and it was scheduled. It's now been another month, so how long does it take to build a truck? 🚚 They probably had limited production during the holiday for a few weeks.

·
Registered
2015 Big Horn/2022 Rebel
12 Posts
I ordered a '22 Rebel 12/7....had the VIN by the end of the week. Checked today, all parts/materials received and scheduled for assembly. So currently 5'ish weeks in. Was told 6-8 weeks initially, 8-10 more realistically.

I didn't over option the truck......ED, Rebel Level B, Rebel 12, 33 Gallon tank.

All the dealers I talked to pretty much said the same thing.....presold units get build priority.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Got a note from Ram that it's scheduled for the 2nd week in February. That would be 7 months from order date, 6 months from when they started the 2022 production.

• Wow
Reactions: SlowRoller

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't find any recent topics on how long the 22's are taking from order date to delivery. On Saturday, I ordered a new Limited.

I will post here any updates I get up until delivery.

Dealer said to expect 4-5 months.

The waiting begins...
I ordered mine eco-diesel 4WD Laramie Southwest edition September 27, 2021 got my VIN (status D) Within days. Stayed status D Over 4 months went to status D-1 about two weeks ago which would have been around February 15. I found a sign stating current wait time is on 1500s is 16 to 20 weeks. But I will be well beyond that. When some of y’all get deliveries please post so those of us out here in limbo have an idea what to expect. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,582 Posts
I wonder if it is a shortage of the diesel engines and getting them to the states. Part of the "just in time" parts strategy. Or as we used to call it, "just out of stock".

·
Registered
2015 Big Horn/2022 Rebel
12 Posts
Ordered another '22 Rebel on 2/15. Had VIN and D-1 Status on 2/20. Est. Build Date of 3/25. Ram Customer Service says Dealer Delivery the week of 4/30.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 EcoD Laramie 4x4 crew cab ORP w/all the goodies
82 Posts
Reactions: TexasJoe
21 - 40 of 50 Posts