RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to factory order 2023 Limited w/ diesel motor and 6'4" bed before end of production in January 2023. Dealer informed me can't order 6'4" bed w/ the diesel motor. RAM is only going to build remaining diesel motors w/ the 5'7" bed. The 6'4" bed only available w/ the gas motors. His RAM rep confirmed this but didn't state why the change.

Anyone understand the reasoning behind this? I would assume both size beds mount the same during the build.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SLT 4x4 Quadcab 3.53 with a cap
1,245 Posts
Reasoning is best left to the bean counters and even then... I would only surmise that they took a look at their stats to see how many 5'7' beds sold versus 6'4" and said if the 5'7" sell quicker, lets get rid of the engines in stock, close the curtains and say goodnight. Unfortunate as it is, I could have been a candidate for a late 2023 or '24. Not now.

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,783 Posts
Guess it does not matter why. If you want a 2023 Ecodiesel you can only get what they have. No surprise.

That does throw another obstacle into a last-minute change of thought for those wanting a new Ecodiesel. Bummer but readers may be thankful to you for the alert.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm sure it all comes down to the mighty dollar, but those same "bean counters" should understand there is more profit in selling a truck with a 6 ft bed vs 5 ft bed...that is already considered SOLD with my factory order. I'm assuming there is no big deal installing either beds on the assembly line.

I emailed RAM customer care inquiring and below is there reply.

Hello Joseph,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our 2023 Ram 1500 Limited with 6'4" box specifications. We very much appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in Ram.

We continually strive to meet the needs of all of our customers and looking for ways to further enhance or build upon our Ram lineup.

I understand your interest in seeing the 3.0-liter V-6 EcoDiesel Engine available from factory on the 2023 Ram 1500 Limited with 6'4" box. Presently, the current market demands and consumer interest in this factory configuration do not support factory production of this nature.

While we cannot speculate regarding future product planning due to ongoing market changes and demands, your comments concerning the availability of the 3.0-liter V-6 EcoDiesel Engine on the 2023 Ram 1500 Limited with 6'4" box have been documented. Comments like yours are always welcomed and important way of obtaining feedback and helps providing the greatest possible satisfaction for customers.

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,545 Posts
Everyone has their list of wants. I would have loved to had the bigger bed, but they were few and far between. I ended up getting the shorter bed because I needed to get a pickup bought. The bed difference has not stopped or kept me from doing anything with the truck, in my mind it a non issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm assuming there is no big deal installing either beds on the assembly line.
Well, when you go to the longer bed with the crew cab, the frame is also longer. So it’s not just a bigger bed, it’s everything that has to be longer for the extended wheel base. And if they’re not running the longer frame on the assembly line, that’s the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts