RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Need some help. I have seen a few trucks out there with the stance I am looking for.
Here is what I want.
Wheels: 20x12 with 305 55 20 or 33x12.5x20 tires
What truck i have to fit these on.
2014 Ram 1500 Eccodiesel Laramie 4x4 with air suspension. So right now I cannot lift it but I have seen some trucks with these wheel and tire combos on a stock truck. I just seen one recently with this wheel and tire combo on a stock truck with air suspension. It did say the offset was a -44 that seems like a lot of tire sticking out! My question is how did they do it what had to happen to make it work? If its not possible or to much work will 20X10 work better?
If anyone can help give me some ideas to make this work I would apprciate it very much!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, well I did it today! I think they look sweet! 20x12 -44 offset on a Toyo AT II 305/50/20. I have rubbing on the Weathertech mudflaps but I can fix that tonight. Without them there would be no rubbing. Hopefully this helps anyone else looking for this stance! I will take more pics once I get it cleaned up tomorrow. Brandon wide 1.JPG brandon wide 2.JPG brandon wide 3.JPG

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks good. That's about the fit I have on my H3. I am going to have something similar on the truck when I get it, just maybe a tad more "in." Please give us your mpg change experience when you have had them a bit longer.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok, well I did it today! I think they look sweet! 20x12 -44 offset on a Toyo AT II 305/50/20. I have rubbing on the Weathertech mudflaps but I can fix that tonight. Without them there would be no rubbing. Hopefully this helps anyone else looking for this stance! I will take more pics once I get it cleaned up tomorrow.
You say no lift but you are leveled correct? If so what kit did you use?
Looks pretty tuff man!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2 in leveling kit. I'm wanting the same set up. Except im wanting 22x12 with a 33x12.50 toyo . So your saying thats all the rubbing I have to worry about?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My tires come out to 32x12.4r20 and dont rub. Now is it close? Oh yes its close! So if I was at full lock and hit a curb yes, it would rub but you just have to be aware and it will be fine. When I put my suspension on the offroad 2 setting (which is +2") it just gives it even more clearence. If I used M/T tires instead of A/T tires I think I may have had to taken a bit more to clear but my clearance issue was the mudflaps that was in the way. Now with a 22" wheel and 33"s it could be much closer to clear even with a leveling kit. I think it would clear with minor trimming IMO. Good luck and be sure to post up pictures!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
3.55 gears. The mirrors are the normal two mirrors. I just put on the chrome covers from Putco.
Thanks!
Have they affected your MPG in any way? I ask because the overall diameter is a 32" thus increasing your gear ratio (numerically speaking)

Still no rubbing what so ever when truck is in entry/exit mode when driving off?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have not really been able to run a tank of fuel without doing something different from my normal driving to calculate correctly. Its been a little hard getting that number because I have been towing more frequently since I put the wheels and tires on.
There is some slight rubbing but its rubbing on the mudflaps from what I can tell. When in normal driving mode it does not rub much at all and I know for sure its the mudflaps that the tires are hitting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts