RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove 200 miles (truck is at 2500 miles), 30.9 on flat country in a load 4x4. No problems at all and my mpg on the hwy keeps getting better!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Recently saw similar. 1,000 mile trip. First 300 were flat highway, we averaged just under 32 mpg. With passing in the mountains, climbing hills are around town use, we dropped to 24. Truck weighed in at 6560 pounds, so this kind of mpg is just stunning to me! All evic mpg. Not hand calcing.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Recently saw similar. 1,000 mile trip. First 300 were flat highway, we averaged just under 32 mpg. With passing in the mountains, climbing hills are around town use, we dropped to 24. Truck weighed in at 6560 pounds, so this kind of mpg is just stunning to me! All evic mpg. Not hand calcing.
Wow, that is great considering that your weight was within 400 lbs of the GVWR. You must have a light foot! The best I have done on the level is 28 mpg, although the heavy LT tires may have something to do with that.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Those numbers are stunning! How you drive makes a huge difference in mpg's. If you drive like there is a ripe tomato under the accelerator pedal you will see a difference!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts