RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I've seen on this issue deals with the 32 gallon tank. Anybody experiencing it with the 26? I have a brand new 2020 ecodiesel. I was putting around in the with it around idle speed maybe just a hair above and could hear continuous clunking( full tank).I hear it when breaking too on the road. I then drove my 2017 big horn with the same 26 gallon tank through the yard with 3/4 tank and could hear the same noise. I drove it today and got it down to half tank and tried again....no where near as bad as before at 3/4. I'm wondering is this is what I'm hearing on my 2020. 馃馃馃

Registered
I have the 26 gallon tank and I've never heard it. I live on rough gravel roads.

Registered
When mine is at mid or slightly above tank I can hear it slosh sometimes if im outside of the truck like riding in the bed or if I come to a stop put it in park and get out and its still sloshing, but I never really hear it when im driving and it doenst do it if the tank is full or below half.

Registered
Every vechile I've ever owned has had this issues at some level of fuel in the tank. As I've heard before, if the noise bother's you, just turn the radio up. :giggle:

Registered
Sounds like you might have little tank complex. 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Haven鈥檛 seen one person say anything about this until now?

Maybe it鈥檚 something else, Something rolling around, like in the rear floor bins or in you door panels

Registered
Everything I've seen on this issue deals with the 32 gallon tank. Anybody experiencing it with the 26? I have a brand new 2020 ecodiesel. I was putting around in the with it around idle speed maybe just a hair above and could hear continuous clunking( full tank).I hear it when breaking too on the road. I then drove my 2017 big horn with the same 26 gallon tank through the yard with 3/4 tank and could hear the same noise. I drove it today and got it down to half tank and tried again....no where near as bad as before at 3/4. I'm wondering is this is what I'm hearing on my 2020.
OP posted then disappeared. Maybe he just wanted to stir things up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts