RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was just thinking about this last night, if we are the 2nd owners we have to wait until after August 1st to see if the first owner makes a claim, how are we ever going to know if this really happened? My truck had 5k miles on it when I bought it, supposedly it was never titled and the dealers service manager drove it, is the dealer really going to make a claim on this (probably haha)? Is Chrysler who I have 0 faith or trust in going to prove to us that the first owner made a claim and they mailed a check to them??

·
Registered
769 Posts
Chrysler dealer owned vehicles are excempt from making a claim as the previous owner. You should get the whole refund. We are in the same boat with our Grand Cherokee. It was a dealer vehicle when we purchased. We decided to wait until after August first to file so that we get the full claim.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Have you filed as a second owner? If it was never titled you should be first owner - file as such and see what settlement center says.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to imagine they'll tell you if another owner filed if you go ahead and file as the first owner. Dealers don't consider themselves owners as far as registration purposes so why should Chrysler?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, when I got my settlement offer Chrysler told me on the letter than I am the second owner which didn't sound right, I filed and requested the first check so I guess I be in contact with them after August 1st and ask if anyone else has filed.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Chrysler dealer owned vehicles are excempt from making a claim as the previous owner. You should get the whole refund. We are in the same boat with our Grand Cherokee. It was a dealer vehicle when we purchased. We decided to wait until after August first to file so that we get the full claim.
You can file now and (from memory) get a check for $2,400 and then an additional check for the remaining $600 after August 1st if the former owner doesn't file a claim too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm in similar boat... I bought both ram & JGC as 2nd owner. I'm pretty sure the previous ram owner was notified. When I took it in they asked if I was Mr. ?, my name wasn't registered with FCA on the VIN.

I've looked on the settlement page, but didn't see a way to check if previous owner filed. I even checked by entering VIN & case # in on settlement website. Any suggestions on how to find out if previous owner filed?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm in similar boat... I bought both ram & JGC as 2nd owner. I'm pretty sure the previous ram owner was notified. When I took it in they asked if I was Mr. ?, my name wasn't registered with FCA on the VIN.

I've looked on the settlement page, but didn't see a way to check if previous owner filed. I even checked by entering VIN & case # in on settlement website. Any suggestions on how to find out if previous owner filed?
Isn't there a phone number you can call and hopefully speak to an actual human being?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My trucks first owner was the dealer. Tradesman model with no chrome so they couldn't get it sold. I asked/assumed and they said They got the rebates used for 4 months then listed it for sale with 9k miles. I hope I get the whole thing. Dealer is 5 hrs away and has called me for recalls but I keep telling them I am too far away from them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Any 2nd owners receiving checks yet?

I finally got my 1st one on the JGC yesterday. Took it 3 weeks after finally getting the dealer to push it through to FCA. Oh & yesterday FCA showed up at said dealership & took all their vehicles away. Lot was empty by 1 PM!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Any 2nd owners receiving checks yet?

I finally got my 1st one on the JGC yesterday. Took it 3 weeks after finally getting the dealer to push it through to FCA. Oh & yesterday FCA showed up at said dealership & took all their vehicles away. Lot was empty by 1 PM!!
Soo....your saying your dealer has gone out of business?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Soo....your saying your dealer has gone out of business?
I wouldn't say it's MY dealer. Just happened to be the one closest to where I live & did my AEM update. Kind of looks that way.

I also bought daughters Nitro from sister dealer across the river. That dealer was interviewed by newspaper & indicated they had "an equipment malfunction & didn't know when they would re-open"... whoops

·
Registered
311 Posts
Isn't there a phone number you can call and hopefully speak to an actual human being?
Yep...833-280-4748. Customer Service rep confirmed yesterday that the original lessee had not filed a claim, so I get the full amount.

Regarding Dealers being listed as the first owner...this is state-specific, as they each have their own titling/registration rules. Don't worry about this, you will get the full amount, as stated before, the dealers are not eligible to claim any settlement money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts