RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
For 2020

From December to late feb 3.92 is all that they were allowing with eco diesel. Around early March they changed it and now 3.21 is the standard... go to ramtrucks.com and build for yourself.

trust me I spent quite a bit of time wondering what to order after they opened it up to 3.21 and 3.55
Mine was built in mid-November and had 3.21 standard, so the 3.92s cost extra to get. But that's what I wanted.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
58 Posts
Wonder if the switch to 3.21 gear is to allow for better MPG's as GM 1500 in-line 6cyl Diesel is getting better MPG's both towing and non-towing?
I don't think they give different EPA ratings for every configuration, although it is different for 4X4 and 4X2. Has anyone here looked at window stickers for different rear-end ratios?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I don't think they give different EPA ratings for every configuration, although it is different for 4X4 and 4X2. Has anyone here looked at window stickers for different rear-end ratios?
I believe I watched a TFL video that said some rate vehicles differently based on package/gear ratio and some just rate power train.
In there video they said that the rebel with 3.92's and larger off road tires was rated at the same as all the other hemi's. I believe they said GM rates them differently based on individual options.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
58 Posts
I'm curious if EPA estimates are specific to different rear-end ratios. If anyone happens to go to a dealership, perhaps they could compare window stickers for different ratios. The government site gives one figure for each engine for 2X4 and one for 4X4. (I thought E85 was supposed to be cheaper--not so.)

41 - 44 of 44 Posts