RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The EGR question that I have.....
I have a GDE tune and have completed everything to get the refund should I choose to do that. Now with the EGR recall, but no parts in the foreseeable future to actually replace it, the $3000 question that I have is how long a period do I have to complete the reflash? I'm not too hot on the idea of getting the flash and then have the EGR problem. :unsure::rolleyes:

Most likely I would do the flash and then get it retuned again using the Canadian option. But, inquiring minds want to know.

·
Super Moderator
3,809 Posts
Keep the GDE tuned ECM and work on getting a stock tuned replacement. GDE may even be able to shed some light on how to get a stock tuned ECM. Then anytime the truck has to go in for service swap in the stock tune.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
"Current owners and lessees have until February 3, 2021 to submit a claim, and until May 3, 2021 to complete the repair and receive compensation. Former owners and lessees will have until August 1, 2019 to submit a claim."

I'm submitting 12/2020 and flashing May 2, 2021....

·
Registered
177 Posts
So glad I purchased a second ECM. But now do I want to spend all 6hrs installing various parts. Deal with crooks.. Then spend another 6hrs changing parts back. I guess I could use a vacation day from work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts