RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my new Laramie Limited ED this evening. Will post pictures tomorrow. Total time to build and deliver was 32 days....see dates in my signature below........pretty darn fast.

The delivered vehicle did not have the wheel-to-wheel side steps installed, but the dealer will be installing them (have it in writing) next week. Also, the DEF was half full and will be topped off at the same time (again I have in writing). The fuel tank was full, however, and I have the purple colored coolant.

I drove a total of 20 miles after picking up the truck, so nothing to report on fuel mileage yet. The ride was as good as I remember the test ride was.

The only negative aspect of the day was the dealer's desire to obtain an estimated $8,000 profit on my trade-in by low-balling me. Needless to say they will not have that opportunity. I'm confident that I can give someone a great deal and still make more than their offer plus the sales tax adjustment (6.85% in Utah). Frustrating, yes. But it's just the "game" of this business.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Some pictures of the new ride.............

Passenger_Side.JPG Rear.JPG Driver_Side.JPG Front.JPG

Did a "Sunday Ride" of about 190 miles from an altitude of 4200 ft (above sea level) through several canyons, one at peak altitude of 8050 ft and the other at 7000 ft. The truck ran flawlessly. Still getting to know the "glass cockpit" arrangement and technical screens.

Average MPG came in at 26.8. Speeds ranged from city/urban 3-40 to highway 65-75 mph.

Two design elements that I do not like...................old fashioned antenna - it should be embedded in windshield or make a combo one with SiriusXM. Also, think Ram should have designed power "folding" tow mirrors, not just adjustable ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts