RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my new truck that will be arriving soon will have 4 corner air suspension I have a cur
Question from those that have one. When put in off road 2 mode all the way up and parked will it lower it’s self down to entry exit mode automatically?
is their a way to leave it up and would you feel comfortable laying under the truck doing an oil change? Or should I place a couple jack stands in to be sure?
Tia

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You should always use jacks with air suspension. Having said that, if everything is working it should stay where you put it.

Reactions: Ecosparky and smoky

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya. I’ll plan on putting something under just in case. Right now I drive up on a couple planks just to give me a little more elbow room under there. With the ability of the air suspension to bring it up might make it easier then looking for something to drive up on.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
My truck hasn't lowered on its own in the 4+ years I've had it, I never hesitate to work underneath in any suspension setting.

·
Registered
2020 Limited ED 3.92 33gal
136 Posts
X3 it will stay up unless you lower it with the fob.

jackstands should make you feel safer though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had mine set at a higher height to do fuel filter once & it lowered on me. Luckily me & my belly were still able to slide out

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I had mine set at a higher height to do fuel filter once & it lowered on me. Luckily me & my belly were still able to slide out
Why did it lower?

The suspension will make minor adjustments when the ignition is off, but not enough to matter. It won't adjust as much as a ride level change.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Why did it lower?

The suspension will make minor adjustments when the ignition is off, but not enough to matter. It won't adjust as much as a ride level change.
I have no idea. I've noticed that if I stop where the pavement is at odd angle, the system "hunts" to level out. I've experienced same issue when truck is turned off that the suspension will adjust itself without me pushing any buttons. It's either a setting or I've also noticed I hear electronic whine for 1-2 minutes after I turn engine off. The lowering I mentioned in previous post could have occurred during this timeframe. The time I recall it lowering on me messed up me holding my jug to catch the fuel draining out of filter housing no other harm. I just know now to leave it at "normal" height when changing fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The point of the jack stands is redundant safety. In over 50 years I've never had a lifting jack fail but it is still highly recommended that you use jack stands.

Reactions: Rossum and Crash68

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I have no idea. I've noticed that if I stop where the pavement is at odd angle, the system "hunts" to level out. I've experienced same issue when truck is turned off that the suspension will adjust itself without me pushing any buttons. It's either a setting or I've also noticed I hear electronic whine for 1-2 minutes after I turn engine off. The lowering I mentioned in previous post could have occurred during this timeframe. The time I recall it lowering on me messed up me holding my jug to catch the fuel draining out of filter housing no other harm. I just know now to leave it at "normal" height when changing fuel filter.
That's normal, just auto-leveling. Wouldn't be enough to put you in harms way. Doesn't change an entire suspension setting.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
That's normal, just auto-leveling. Wouldn't be enough to put you in harms way. Doesn't change an entire suspension setting.
Jack mode turns it off.

·
Registered
2020 Limited ED 3.92 33gal
136 Posts
I think there’s like 7 modes I’ll do a SS in a min

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Tire Jack Mode
To assist with changing a tire, the air suspension system has a feature which allows the automatic leveling to be disabled

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
There is a jack mode?
Yes, it's under settings on the radio. Definitely want to enable tire jack mode if jacking up the truck, and remind service departments to use tire jack mode any time the truck goes on a lift.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts