RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman EcoDiesel with a 4' Rough Country lift.

Been noticing a hum in the front when driving. Had it checked and both CV shafts are gone in the front. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to stop it from happening again?[/B]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

How many miles on your truck?

Does your lift kit lower the front differential as well as include longer steering knuckles?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I recently purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman EcoDiesel with a 4' Rough Country lift.

Been noticing a hum in the front when driving. Had it checked and both CV shafts are gone in the front. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to stop it from happening again?[/B]
Could you also upload pics of your lift and wear on the cv shafts?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hope the last owner did not use DODGE rough country 4 in lifter struts only , that to much angle on the CV joints also are the upper a arms stock cheap stamp steel ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have about 75K miles on my 4" lift 132K total. No problems yet,,,but I have BDS lift. That said..I wouldnt expect to install a 4" lift and not have some issues sooner than a 100% stock truck. that sort of comes with the territory. On the other hand, at least on my kit..the parts were much more HD than stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts