Uconnect 8.4A AM/FM/SXM/BT
Comfort Group
Rear Camera and Park Assist Group

19FEB2014 - Order
21FEB2014 - Confirmation Email
10MAR2014 - Scheduled for Production Email
10MAR2014 - $500 Bonus cash allowance Email - Woo Hoo
25MAR2014 - Beginning to Build Email - Skipped frame and in paint
26MAR2014 - VOTS Update - Skipped trim and in final inspection. CS call and got a delivery ETA of 21APR2014.
27MAR2014 - VOTS Update - Shipped.
28MAR2014 - Emailed CS to get full VIN, new ETA of 15APR2014
08APR2014 - Emailed CS for updated ETA. ETA of 14APR2014, has been rail shipped to a city 2hrs away as of today.
14APR2014 - Dealer called at about 3:30pm and said truck was delivered and could be picked up sometime next week after bed liner, splash guards and wheel to wheel steps were installed. Went home and told my wife, she called the dealer and told them it would be ready by this Friday at the latest so they should get a move on!
17APR2014 - Picked up at dealership

Other Diesel owned - 2010 VW Jetta TDI 6-Speed Manual - Triple black, loaded

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
What I like is the four-wheel-drive. Out there in Nebraska when the snow blows, you get to go.

Hope it is as wonderful as you dream it to be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
26MAR2014 - VOTS Update - Skipped trim and in final inspection. CS call and got a delivery ETA of 21APR2014.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4wd is good, I've missed having it just in case (had it on every other vehicle I've owned). Although, believe it or not the Jetta is pretty capable so long as the tires aren't bald and the snows not terribly deep, plus if I'm careful (usually not) I can squeeze high 40s mpg out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be happy to post some photos of the color as soon as it shows up. It was a toss up between the cherry red or black gold, black gold just seemed like something I'd dig for a month and then get tired of. Couldn't get the other red they offer it was too much like "husker" red and I didn't want to go down that road, maroon and white I'd have bought though.... ha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
27MAR2014 - VOTS Update - Shipped.
28MAR2014 - Emailed CS to get full VIN, new ETA of 15MAR2014
08APR2014 - Emailed CS for updated ETA. ETA of 14APR2014, has been rail shipped to a city 2hrs away as of today.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Cool. Mine was built just a day after yours. Hope mine gets to "Shipped" that quick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I gather production scheduled and shipping are the only slow phases, every other phase is really quick. I'm just glad that it moved in the process and ready to get it like everyone else.

·
Registered
274 Posts
After today I'm never owning another 2WD truck. Had a truck with a blown transmission and locked up(no more N) that needed to be moved spinning tires in 2wd trying to get it to budge. Flipped the transfer case into 4low and it pulled that dead weight F350 truck with ease.

Don't recommend that y'all do the same thing but I guess what I'm saying is great decision on the 4x4. Pulling someone out of the snow up there would suck. Or hell just driving on your own sometimes without 4x4 I turn in on all the time in the rain here just so I don't have to deal with spinning tires all the time

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@ LCR - Yep. Too easy to get it, not really that much more expensive, will always wish that you had it if you don't get it and has a higher resale value. Losing 1mpg is nothing if you end up idling stuck. I'll never buy a truck without it ever again (only ever had one 2wd truck). On a car FWD or AWD, I'd take AWD on a fast car over RWD any day..... more power to the pavement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@ Sparks - Thanks! I'm very happy with it so far. The Deep Cherry is so far my favorite of any I've had, I'd love to see them offer one with the Deep Cherry on it and fender flares/lower 3rd in black gold. Hmmmmm your profile photo looks very familiar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
40Beers...that's a sweet lookin' truck!

I have an Outdoorsman Ecodiesel on order, they say another 4 weeks at least. I struggled with the colour selection for 2 weeks, finally went with the deep cherry red and black...I hope it looks at least half as good as yours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts