RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The New 2015 Honda Pioneer 500 Side-By-Side

Torrance, CA: With the addition of the all-new 2015 Pioneer 500™, Honda adds a heavy dose of fun to its line of side-by-sides. The Pioneer 500 carries two people to off-road adventures, is perfect for chores on the farm or a relaxed trail ride out in the country and it’s packed with Honda’s famous quality and durability at a suggested retail price of $8,499.

“My first drive in the Pioneer 500 was an eye-opener,” said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications. “It’s really fun to drive, and the paddle shifters bring a whole different kind of experience that helps make it a blast. If you’ve been thinking about a side-by-side purchase, the Pioneer 500 will definitely put a grin on your face whether you’re taking care of jobs around your property or taking off on a weekend adventure.”

Only 50 inches wide, the Pioneer 500 fits on trails that impose width restrictions, as well as in the bed of a full-size truck. A modest 73.1-inch wheelbase helps return responsive handling and a tight turning radius of only 13 feet.

More information can be found here: Honda Pioneer Forums

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Ummmmm...

Well.... you can see from my name that I'm not Anti-Honda. But that looks like a 10 year old photoshop'ed a bunch of crap together.

Unless it's REALLY cheap... I'm going to guess guys will still by the 50" RZR. (better looking and proven)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've driven one. Not that great. I am not in love with the full size pioneer either. Love my Rancher ATV so much I am thinking about buying another one.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
This is a complex subject. I have a 2002 Sportsman 700, a 2009 Honda Rancher 420 electric shift and a 2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 X2. I love the honda engines. I love the Hoinda electric shift transmission for general use, I love the X2s turf mode where you get a differential in the rear axle and can use it on grass and turn without tearing everything up, I hate the Honda electric shift if you try to plow with it, I love the Polaris belt transmission for plowing, I hate the Polaris belt transmission for general use because the engine is always spinning at high RPMs. Why can't I get a Honda engine, electric shift with the automatic option and with a locking rear differential? Then I would have what I need in one machine.

Ref the 2002 Polaris 700, I hate the useless engine that always uses water and has an oil and water pump on the same shaft with a seal in between, and I hate how the exhaust donut between the exhaust manifold and the front exhaust pipe fails every year or two and its a pain to change, but I love how it starts at minus 20 deg F even when sitting for months.

Yup, I have a love hate relationship with my ATVs. I'll save the Harley vs BMW motorcycle story for another time.

All the best,

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I've got the Polaris diesel with the yanmar and love it , It's not fast,it only goes 40 mph but I run about 2-3 weeks on a tank of fuel . The 700 gas I had about 1week and I put about 2500 miles a year on them my 2007 had 16500 miles when I traded it in . And I have diesel everywhere I go so I don't have to go to town and buy gas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts