RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck went from driving great to Low Oil Pressure on dash, went thru screen and found 17psi oil, let up throttle to find safe area to pull over off 4 lane, by time I got on shoulder engine quit and I coasted to stop, got out and checked and oil is full, so tow to dealer.
Sucks as it was a great driving truck

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,783 Posts
What year is your truck?

Since you posted on the 3rd Generation (2020 or newer) section, that would make it very unusual. If it is a 2019 or older (second generation) model, then the issue is way more common.

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 276,000 KM.
2,211 Posts
There are over 800 engines on National backorder as of yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
4,083 Posts
Well at least it will be covered and you are not in that big back log of motors. Best and do keep us updated. Lol the forum wants to know.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
@Ridge69, you said that you have a 2020 truck. How many miles are on the truck? What engine oil have you been using? You should be covered by the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. The 3rd gen engines are pretty solid engines, so this is a rare failure, assuming it's an actual failure and not something else.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bummer. I have a 2020 that has had some problems. Would be very interested to hear what the issue is with yours. I was given a loaner for both my visits to the dealer. Ram Cares helped a little when the dealer was dragging their feet. Good luck, and on the bright side, you may have a new motor in your future.............

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,783 Posts
Sucks to be maybe the first one losing the new motor.

Now in 2020 there was a brief production of a "Classic" model. I do believe that used the older motor until they ran out of them. Also thinking some or most were single cab models. Anyway,, this is a picture of a 2020 - Generation 3 motor. Your engine should look like the.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 20 of 99 Posts