RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't mention it unless they try to jerk you around. You did your part. I think the forum is more curious than anything about what causes these things. The fact that T6 might have gone in is note worthy.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
The T6 didn't cause the problem, but it does give you some leverage, perhaps.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
648 Posts
All my service receipts state which oil, filter and other supplies were used. Check to see if yours have similar information.
I had mine changed Monday, by appt. When I got there, they said they had cancelled appts. because they were changing computer systems (they sent a reminder, but not a cancellation). They went ahead and changed it but weren't going to give me ANY paperwork. I talked them into the pink copy of a hand-written order, but it doesn't have the mileage, license #, VIN, or type of oil!!! They said they would email me a proper work order but failed to do so so far.

On a related point, if MOPAR wants to be pissy about a warranty issue, how much weight would they put on the one-year suggestion for oil changes? With the limited driving in '20, I went a few months over, although I was within the mileage limit. EVIC gives a mileage reminder, but not time.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
On a related point, if MOPAR wants to be pissy about a warranty issue, how much weight would they put on the one-year suggestion for oil changes? With the limited driving in '20, I went a few months over, although I was within the mileage limit. EVIC gives a mileage reminder, but not time.
Depending on model year, the owner's manual for the Cummins says 6 months. The owner's manual for the EcoDiesel says 12 months.

Reactions: SlowRoller

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Update, dealer called and said quick inspection shows alot of metal in filter housing, they ordered a new engine and Said 8-10 days 👍and also got me a loaner a 21 Cherokee (plain 4 cylinder. Not a Trackhawk)
Said they still have to do a teardown and determine cause for warranty but didn't see a issue at this point. So 180 mile round-trip and I have a loaner

·
Registered
188 Posts
while it sux to be down, and I know, or it would for me, cause me to question the reliability of the truck, it will still be somewhat nice to have a new engine and the additional warranty, best of luck and I hope the truck serves you well with no additional issues ;) (y) 🙏

FWIW, mine has been pretty flawless minus the couple of recalls with 80k mi. showing

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
The warranty will still end at 5yr/100k, but engine will be fresh
That's correct. If you were to purchase an engine outside of the factory 5 year/100,000-mile warranty, then the Mopar 3 year/100,000-mile warranty would take effect. Even though you're inconvenienced, you're getting a good deal in the long run. At 159,000 miles, your engine will just be hitting 100,000 miles.

Reactions: keiths487vs

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,784 Posts
You said earlier it sucks to be first. Now we are all seeing how long this is taking. You would think that as few, if any major failures of the new engine we hear of, they would have at least some motors readily available.

Appreciate the update.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Called dealer again and still no update on when engine will show up, already have over 2k miles on loaner and I see it's due for a oil change and it is a 180 mile round trip to dealer where my pickup is at. With my pickup sitting this long I am guessing my battery will go dead and I will get stuck purchasing another to😖

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
648 Posts
I had mine changed Monday, by appt. When I got there, they said they had cancelled appts. because they were changing computer systems (they sent a reminder, but not a cancellation). They went ahead and changed it but weren't going to give me ANY paperwork. I talked them into the pink copy of a hand-written order, but it doesn't have the mileage, license #, VIN, or type of oil!!! They said they would email me a proper work order but failed to do so so far.
I have still not been sent a legitimate looking work order/receipt showing that the oil was changed. I wonder if it's in the computer system? I got an email asking if I was happy with the service, but the phone # in it goes to voice mail and they don't call back. I tried to call the service dept.--they don't pick up, I leave a message and get no call back! The kicker is that they didn't reset the reminder, so now I get a ding and message everytime I start the engine!!! I don't know if my reader will reset the reminder. That's not a dealership I plan to return to.

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,784 Posts
Oil change needed on the loaner? That's a bit unusual.

You are going to ha e to contact that dealer and ask them what you should do.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I have still not been sent a legitimate looking work order/receipt showing that the oil was changed. I wonder if it's in the computer system? I got an email asking if I was happy with the service, but the phone # in it goes to voice mail and they don't call back. I tried to call the service dept.--they don't pick up, I leave a message and get no call back! The kicker is that they didn't reset the reminder, so now I get a ding and message everytime I start the engine!!! I don't know if my reader will reset the reminder. That's not a dealership I plan to return to.
It should be documented in the system. You can check your services by going to Welcome to Mopar® for Service, Parts, Accessories & More

Step 1: Open Welcome to Mopar® for Service, Parts, Accessories & More in your browser.
Step 2: Sign-in or Register
Step 3: Click on 'My Garage" and choose your vehicle
Step 4: Scroll down until you see "Latest Maintenance Records'.
Step 5: Click View All

Reactions: SlowRoller

·
Registered
65 Posts
It should be documented in the system. You can check your services by going to Welcome to Mopar® for Service, Parts, Accessories & More

Step 1: Open Welcome to Mopar® for Service, Parts, Accessories & More in your browser.
Step 2: Sign-in or Register
Step 3: Click on 'My Garage" and choose your vehicle
Step 4: Scroll down until you see "Latest Maintenance Records'.
Step 5: Click View All

Hmm, that only seems to work if you have a SiriusXM Guardian™ subscription . If it's expired it doesn't seem to load.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Hmm, that only seems to work if you have a SiriusXM Guardian™ subscription . If it's expired it doesn't seem to load.
I don't have a SiriusXM Guardian subscription.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts