RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
That's interesting...This is what I see, it just keeps trying to load but never does.
It's possible the system is temporarily not working in your area. Have you tried to change web browsers? From my understanding, FCA encourages everyone to use their account as a way to monitor recalls and receive maintenance notifications. It contains everything about your vehicle including the owner's manual, window sticker, build sheet, and warranty. You can schedule appointments with your dealership, shop for Mopar accessories, and keeps you up to date on XM radio subscriptions, etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's possible the system is temporarily not working in your area. Have you tried to change web browsers? From my understanding, FCA encourages everyone to use their account as a way to monitor recalls and receive maintenance notifications. It contains everything about your vehicle including the owner's manual, window sticker, build sheet, and warranty. You can schedule appointments with your dealership, shop for Mopar accessories, and keeps you up to date on XM radio subscriptions, etc.
I don't think its a temporary glitch. You just jogged my memory, I recall this happening a few months after our free 1 year trial of Sirius expired. It kept working for a while longer as we periodically received reminder letters to renew but when we didn't, it eventually stopped working. I've been maintaining my own service records, cause I don't trust anyone else to do it for me and have some conveniently disappear when I need it most, none-the-less I'd still like it if my records were visible to me there.. The only thing I see is my truck listed and any recalls that may have been posted completed/outstanding. Just noticed the Z46 recall for the High Pressure Fuel Pump. Would be nice to receive maintenance notifications, but I don't receive those either.

·
Premium Member
2016 Big Horn 4X4 Engine and Transmission tuned by no longer available (but truck runs good)
120 Posts
Dealer called and my pickup has its New Engine!! All Warrantied!!
Going to pick it up Monday, will be glad to get it back
great news (y) , hoping it serves you well for years;)🙏

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Have a couple of 300 mile road trips coming up, almost scared to take it till it proves itself
If nothing pops up in the next few weeks, then you're most likely good to go. I would be more worried about something not being hooked up properly, etc.

Reactions: 3DHawkeye

·
Registered
188 Posts
Picked up my pickup, new engine, no scratches, clean, runs great and when I got home I smell antifreeze😩, left side of engine is wet and some looks like oil also
I know I'd be on the horn and telling them to come get, maybe something simple (hope so anyway), but they need to be addressing it pronto 😥 :unsure:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
When I picked it up there was approx. 50 miles on it since it was towed in and I looked earlier and all was dry.
I looked closer this am in better light, still can't see a A/F leak and what I thought was engine oil is I feel is the Pag oil in the AC system, now I see the florescent dye.
Dealer says to bring it back to them as it's a workmanship issue now and not warranty so will plan another 280 mile round trip😧

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
so will plan another 280 mile round trip😧
Wow, I thought my dealer round trip of 238 miles was long, but you've got me beat!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ay, caramba! Well, hopefully it doesn't take too much longer. I test drove a Wrangler with an Ecodiesel in it just for giggles. It was sweet. Anyway, what is a rocker cover? Is that the same as a valve cover? And, I don't suppose they ever mentioned what was wrong with your original engine?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Rocker cover is also called VLV cover.
I guess they never tore down engine farther than removing oil filter and finding pieces then was told to send back. Here was my mileage taking truck to dealer
Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
341 Posts
Rocker cover is also called VLV cover.
I guess they never tore down engine farther than removing oil filter and finding pieces then was told to send back. Here was my mileage taking truck to dealer View attachment 92801
Any updates? With the news of the ecod being canceled I'm seriously considering upgrade to a Gen3 but only if it's fixed the major issues with the Gen2.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Talked to dealer yesterday and new rocker cover should be there next Tuesday and they will get it back in shop to replace right away.
In the mean time I had the salesman go out and get me a quote on a new 2023 identical truck.
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Paper

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,784 Posts
At least they are showing a sale price to work from.

Now, if interested, knock them down with some offers.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts